15 Holiday Goodies You Can Make With All Those Leftover Candy Canes
You nommed on healthy Christmas cookies, prepped for a holiday dessert emergency and oohed and ahhed at all the pretty holiday-inspired macarons. Now it’s time to get down to business with the season’s favorite sweets: Candy canes. Instead of tossing ’em out right after Christmas, incorporate them into your favorite desserts. Candy cane donuts?? Yeah, that’s a thing. Get ready to crush some candy, ’cause these 15 holiday delectables are must-makes this season.
2. White Chocolate Peppermint Swizzle Sticks: Crush those candies to create this easy snack you can eat on the go. Enjoy by themselves or dip them into your morning coffee or a nice cup of hot chocolate for something a little extra. YUM. (via The Merrythought)
5. Chocolate Cake With Candy Cane Frosting: Here’s another cake that deserves some recognition. You’ll have prettiest dessert at your potluck, with this pastel pink beauty that’s dusted with silver stars. (via The Tough Cookie)
7. Candy Cane Layered Dessert: This dessert has *almost* too much deliciousness packed into one treat to be allowed, but here’s the breakdown: wafer cookies, candy canes, cream cheese and white chocolate pudding. (via That’s Some Good Cookin’)
8. Candy Cane Milano Cookies: They may look like little Christmas slippers, but there’s nothing more decadent than Milano cookies dipped in dark chocolate, then sprinkled with candy cane pieces. If you can’t find the cookies with peppermint, just add a teaspoon of peppermint extract to your melted chocolate. (via Bake Love Give)
9. Gluten-Free Vegan Candy Cane Snowballs: How pretty are these candy cane snowballs? Even better than that, these coconut vanilla infused treats are vegan and gluten free. Which makes grabbing a few at a time totally excusable, right? (via Unconventional Baker)
10. Marshmallow Peppermint Pops: If you don’t see yourself dunking this marshmallow pop into some hot chocolate, that’s something you may want to reflect on. JK. But for real: hot cocoa + peppermint marshmallow = instant happiness. Don’t be afraid to dunk the whole ‘mallow into the chocolate. (via Domestically Blissful)
11. Peppermint Bark: A dangerously easy recipe is all that stands between you and a bite of this peppermint bark. Just be sure to use quality ingredients, since there are so few of them. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
14. Peppermint Eggnog Fudge: The eggnog in this recipe makes it smooth and creamy while keeping the peppermint from becoming overpowering. Two holiday favorites rolled into one? Watch this become a year-round thing. (via The Sweet Chick)
How will you be snacking on the seasonal sweets? Show us your recipies by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!