12 Holiday Macarons That Are *Almost* Too Pretty to Eat
Christmas cookies usually bring to mind sugar cookies cut into shapes and laced with icing, and gingerbread men adorned with candy buttons. Even spritz cookies have their moment in the holiday limelight. It’s time to make way for French macarons, the “it” holiday cookie of 2015. If made correctly, they’re light and chewy and can be made in almost any flavor combination you can think of. They’re also a beautiful blank canvas for whatever decor you choose. Keep reading for some major holiday flavor and decorating inspo for your next batch of macarons.
1. Sparkly Vanilla Bean Macarons: Did someone order some fabulous glitter-covered macarons? Aside from being totally gorgeous, this recipe offers up three different Christmas-inspired fillings. (via Kevin and Amanda)
2. Christmas Wreath Macarons: Cookie decorating can be quite intimidating. The great thing about these wreath macarons is that all you need to do is pipe them into the donut shape and decorate them with various festive sprinkles. Easy peasy. (via The Busy Spatula)
3. Mint, Pink and Gold Macarons: If you are searching for a macaron that doesn’t look like it was decorated by your eight-year-old niece or nephew, these chic gold-dusted pretties are perfect for you. (via Paint the Gown Red)
4. Macaron Christmas Trees: Think something this cute is out of your league? Think again. These macaron Christmas trees are not only totally presh — they’re easy enough that even your kiddos could help out. (via Bakeaholic Mama)
5. Snowflake Macarons: Believe it or not, holiday cookies don’t have to be all red and green. Go with a different color scheme and test out these delicate blue snowflake macarons. No two snowflakes are alike, you know! (via Duhlicious)
9. Peppermint and Coffee Nutella Macarons: You had us at Nutella. Who knew that with a simple swipe of red gel food coloring we could create such artsy masterpieces on our dessert? (via Design. Bake. Run.)
10. Snowman Macarons: It doesn’t get any cuter than this. You might feel bad for a second, after biting this snowman’s head off… but then you get the wintry taste of peppermint and all guilt melts away. Sorrynotsorry, Frosty. (via Dishes from My Kitchen)
Are you planning on testing out some macarons this season? Leave us a comment below letting us know how you’ll be decorating them!