9 Celebrity Lash Muses (and How to Steal Their Looks!)
By now we all know that eyes are the windows to our beauty souls. So why not jazz ’em up? Taking tips from celebs who know just how to draw all attention to their eyes, these examples offer everything from totally subtle everyday looks to ultra-intense styles perfect for a night out. Plus, since we know that it’s no fun to love a look and not know how to mimic it, we dug through our makeup bags to bring you the best of the best in eyelash enhancement. Whether you’re a mascara newbie or a polished gal looking to amp up your eyelash game, these looks (and products) will take your lashes to new heights.
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara ($11): If you’re all about that doe-eyed, sweet look, try giving your bottom lashes some attention. This mascara focuses on even the tiniest of lashes. Try the vertical wiggle to make sure you don’t miss any of the little guys. You won’t believe how intense your eyes look when you’ve activated each and every lash.
A Pop of Color
2. @januaryjones: January Jones is a total stunner, and we’re loving how she rocks this look with a bright pop of color. It draws your eyes right to her baby blues, but don’t worry, because you don’t need blue eyes to benefit from a vivid backdrop.
L’Oréal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner ($7): Borrow some of January’s shine by creating a dazzling tint of your own behind your lashes. Choose the best eyeliner color for you (though we are partial to January’s teal), and draw a tight, clear swipe along your lash line. (Photo via @lorealparisusa)
Benefit They’re Real Lengthening Mascara in Beyond Blue ($24): If you want to go a step further, make your lashes the pop of color! We love Benefit’s intensely colorful blue mascara, which will be perfect for a night out with the girls or just for trying something new with your look. And if you’re worried about committing to a colorful mascara, no worries. We’ve got your back. (Photo via @benefitcosmetics)
Clean + Simple
3. @kehlani: R&B singer-songwriter Kehlani can often be found working a simpler look, but don’t let that fool you. Simplicity takes effort, too. For a look like this, you’re going to want a mascara that doesn’t clump, is a natural color and is totally smudge-proof.
NARS Audacious Mascara ($26): Made up of over 200 bristles, this mascara is lightweight, lengthening and perfect for a clean look. As a result of its buildibility, you can layer it on without worrying about clumps or spidery lashes. (Photo via @narsissist)
4. @nicolescherzy: An instant classic, long lashes make us think of retro beauties and Old Hollywood style. While rocking fur has fallen out of trend, never-ending lashes are definitely not dated. Here, Nicole Scherzinger does nothing but glam with a perfectly highlighted face, arched brows and a solid lip.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($23): A look like this requires a mascara that doesn’t quit, and Better Than Sex is as bold and vivacious as a Hollywood starlet. Layer it on both the top and bottom lashes, making sure to curl the lashes first. Bam. Instant glam. (Photo via Sephora)
Sephora Collection Celebrity Lash Trio ($25): If you really want to get Nicole’s look, you’re going to need to go all out with the falsies. We like this set from Sephora because a) They know we want that celeb look and b) You get options. Falsies are perfect for formal events and will make you feel like you’re on the red carpet even if you’re just headed out with your girls.
Thick + Healthy Lashes
5. @fkatwigs: Not only did she totally score with our favorite vampire, but FKA Twigs has undeniable talent and stunning style. Combine that with those lashes and we can’t help but swoon.
Maybelline The Colossal Chaotic Lash Volum”Express Washable Mascara ($8): Sometimes, colossal chaos leads to beauty, and this mascara definitely lends itself to that truth. Bursting on the scene with a unique teaser brush that’s perfectly angled to plump every lash, this product may have you batting your eyelashes and scoring a gorgeous, sparkly vampire of your own. (Photo via @maybelline)
Now Foods Castor Oil ($6): If you believe the hype, castor oil is your answer to naturally lengthening and thickening your lashes. Try out this hack by applying castor oil to your lashes before bed using a q-tip or an old (cleaned) mascara brush.
6. @gabrielleaplin: This soft-spoken folk singer proves that even the delicate among us can rock a solid smokey eye with the right products and dedication. Paired with long, wispy bangs, this look is a perfect example of eye framing.
Strike a Pose Perfect Eyelash Curler + Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara ($19): To get this look, start with a base of black liner or eyeshadow. Then use the curler. Pro tip: Heat the curler with a blow dryer on low heat for extra effectiveness. Then, layer on that eyeshadow until lashes are almost (but not quite) cakey. (Photo via @tartecosmetics)
7. @haileesteinfeld: In her “Love Myself” video, this singer is all about self-love. We’re definitely crusing on her talent and her look. Her lightly smokey eyes make us want to vibe with her and empower each other in matching sleek black outfits. We can only dream about the edginess of those selfies.
Cover Girl The Super Sizer Mascara ($7): Strong celebrities like Hailee don’t cower in the background, and neither should you. Show off your natural beauty by giving it a 400-percent boost in volume. (Photo via @covergirl)
Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($22): When you’re going for a black liner, you want to make sure you’re not going to end up smudging. Otherwise, you get the raccoon effect, which is rarely anyone’s goal. As a result of its design, this easy-to-use liner is a great pick for both first-time liquid users and seasoned pros. Shoot thin or go bold. Either way, that liner’s not slipping. (Photo via @stilacosmetics)
8. @thenikkibella: WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella could definitely kick our tushies into shape, but she could also totally be our go-to when it comes to lash tips. Just look at that smokey eye. It makes us want to grab our SO and go somewhere fancy just so we have a good excuse for loading up our lashes (and getting noticed for our Bella Twin-worthy look).
Estēe Lauder Little Black Primer ($24): A good primer is a must-have first step if you’re really looking to get those lashes noticed. It also extends the life of your mascara so that you can dance the night away with your SO without worrying about black smudges marring your contoured face. (Photo via @esteelauder)
Lorac PRO Plus Fiber Mascara ($23): Top off your primed lashes with an effective mascara like this one from Lorac. What makes this mascara unique is its nylon fibers, which attach to your lashes and act like extensions. (Photo via @loraccosmetics)
Natural Looking Lashes
9. @jennyslate: Funny lady Jenny Slate became our comedy hero for her weird role in Parks and Recreation, and then made us really think with Obvious Child. Now, she makes us reminiscent of days with simpler makeup and proves that you don’t have to pile it on (as fun as it may be!) to be a beauty queen.
Buxom Lash Mascara ($19): To get Jenny’s natural look, go with a mascara with a plastic brush head like this one from Buxom. The structure of the bristles makes clumping nearly impossible, and the black isn’t so intense that it looks unnatural. The hourglass shape enables you to coat every lash in a single stroke, so it’s perfect for the gal who always seems to be running late. (Photo via @sephora)
Which celeb are you going to make your newest eyelash inspo? Let us know in the comments!