Soleil Moon Frye and Jason Goldberg recently welcomed baby number four, and it’s no surprise that the family chose a bold, creative baby name for their new arrival. Older daughters are Poet Sienna Rose and Jagger Joseph Blue, and they’re also parents to son Lyric Sonny Roads. Their new addition is son Story. We’re still waiting to learn his middle names, but here’s betting that it’s another unique baby name combination. In celebration of the new arrival, we’re looking at more high-profile families with intriguing baby names, from the retro to the literary to just plain never-before-heard.
1. Wolfgang Frances, Bellamy Nicole, Tallulah Louise, Breaker Owsley, Five Beck, Holleder Street and Major Robert: Robert and Cortney Novogratz are a design team known for a quirky, fearless mix of vintage and modern. The same can be said of the names they’ve chosen for their seven children, including two sets of twins. There’s a story behind every one of the kids’ names. (Photo via Rachel Murray/Getty)
2. Maddox Chivan, Pax Thien, Zahara Marley, Shiloh Nouvel, Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline: No list of big families headed by famous parents would be complete without the Jolie-Pitts. Angelina and Brad’s brood includes children adopted internationally, and their names reflect a global, eclectic style. They’ve also been some of the most influential choices in Hollywood. Maddox, Knox and Vivienne all soared in the rankings following the name announcements.
3. Brooklyn Joseph, Romeo James, Cruz David and Harper Seven: David and Victoria Beckham have chosen names with personal significance. Cruz reflects their third son’s place of birth — Madrid. Harper was inspired by Victoria’s love of To Kill a Mockingbird. Many assumed that Seven referred to Dad’s jersey number, or perhaps her July birth, but the couple later revealed that it was because of the association between the number seven and good fortune. (Photo via Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
4. Ralph, Maude, Olive, Oscar, Betty and June: Blogger Gabrielle Blair writes about the intersection between motherhood and style at DesignMom. No surprise, then, that she and husband Ben Blair gave their six children retro-cool names.
5. Pearl, Lucille, Jack and Minnie: Maya Rudolph and Paul Thomas Anderson also went for vintage names when naming their four children. Youngest daughter Minnie is named after Maya’s mom, soul singer Minnie Riperton.
6. Ezra, Penny, River, Viggo and Willa: The musical Hanson brothers have grown up to be great baby namers as they’ve started families of their own. Jordan Taylor — known by his middle — married Natalie, and together they have Jordan Ezra (known as Ezra), Penelope Anne, River Samuel, Viggo Moriah and Wilhelmina Jane. It’s a sweetly vintage sibset. Brother Isaac and wife Nicole also have a nicely named family: Clarke Everett (known as Everett), James Monroe and Nina Odette.
7. Trinity, Jackson, Dylan Skye, Phoenix Avery and Lennox Noel: The Miami Heat’s Chris Bosh and wife Adrienne welcomed twin sons earlier this year. Lennox and Phoenix both wear modern names for boys, with that on-trend letter x. The boys joined sister Dylan and brother Jackson, plus half-sister Trinity. (Photo via Chelsea Lauren/Getty)
8. Zonnique, Messiah, Domani, Deyjah, King, Leyah, Major and Heiress: Rapper T.I. (born Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr.) and wife Tiny (Tameka Cottle) have chronicled their real life Brady Bunch on the VH-1 reality series T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle. King’s real name is Clifford Harris III. Youngest daughter Heiress Diana was born in March. Their style definitely tends towards the braggadocio boys that have been so in favor in recent years.
9. Luke Hudson, Eve Augusta, Poppy James and Josephine Kate: Grey’s Anatomy star Jessica Capshaw — the daughter of actress Kate Capshaw and stepdaughter of Steven Spielberg — recently welcomed her fourth child with husband Christopher Gavigan. The couple’s choices are a mix of the traditional and the trending, with a few unexpected surprises, like Eve and Poppy’s middle names. Josephine Kate makes the perfect addition to their family.
10. Daisy Boo Pamela, Poppy Honey Rosie, Petal Blossom Rainbow and Buddy Bear Maurice: Jamie and Jools Oliver are expecting their fifth child, and given their affection for wild and unconventional name choices, it’s a safe bet that they’ll choose another extravagant name for Oliver number five.
Which is your favorite set of big family baby names? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know!
This post was previously published on Nameberry.
(Photo via Getty)