12 Cheese Soup Recipes for All Your Fall Cooking Needs
You know the drill: Temperatures begin to drop, pumpkin flavored everything is everywhere you look and suddenly it’s *officially* fall. Once you’re done binging on pumpkin soup, we highly recommend switching gears and indulging in something warm, creamy and cheesy (OBVI). Cue the cheese soup! It’s good with beer, bacon, veggies and, of course, served in a chewy bread bowl. Sit tight, friends, and get your stretchy pants ready, because you’re about to be hit with 12 of the best cheese soups out there.
1. Cider Cheese Soup Shooters in Mini Pretzel Bread Bowls: We officially give you permission to get back on pumpkin with this AH-MAZING combo. This soup actually calls for pumpkin cider — what could be more fall-tastic than that? (via How Sweet It Is)
2. The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup: Broccoli cheese soup is pretty much THE original cheese soup. Tons of cheddar and half and half will make this so creamy, you’ll be thankful for the crunchy broccoli. (via Averie Cooks)
3. Beer Cheese Soup: Beer and cheese is a classic combo we all need in our lives. This recipe calls for Fat Tire beer, but you can use virtually any variety. For even more deliciousness, dip your popcorn in it. (via Garnish With Lemon)
4. Chipotle Bacon White Bean Soup With Jalapeno Cheddar Crumble: Chipotle powder is the secret to the smokiness in this off-the-beaten-path cheese soup — not to mention the paprika, coriander, garlic and cumin. Don’t forget the bread crumbs for an extra crunch. (via Climbing Grier Mountain)
5. Spicy Crab Bisque for Two: We had to have a bisque on this list because it includes another one of our favorites: crab! And spicy crab at that. Whip this up in no time for your next let’s-stay-in date night. (via Dine and Dish)
6. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup: This is a combination we aren’t so familiar with. Who knew sweet potatoes and cauliflower made such a mouthwatering cheese soup? Made in the slow cooker, this dish takes no time to prep for an easy dinner tonight. (via Peas and Crayons)
7. Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup: When you’re craving a cheeseburger but it’s fall and your grill is out of commission, THIS is what you make. Bonus: If you’re missing the bun, toast slices of your fave baguette and use it to dip into your soup for an added bite. (via Life in the Lofthouse)
8. Ham and White Cheddar Beer Cheese Soup: It’s no secret that beer and cheese go together like chocolate and peanut butter, but when you top it off with ham, bacon and green onion — well, that’s just magical. This soup will be your new go-to dish. (via With Salt and Wit)
9. The Perfect French Onion Soup: French onion soup cannot be ignored on this list of best cheese soups. To get to the broth, you have to find your way through a super gooey layer of Gruyere cheese — ’nuff said. (via The Garlic Diaries)
11. Panera’s Broccoli Cheese Soup: We love it when veggies are included in our favorite copycat comfort food dishes. Admit it — it makes you feel a little less guilty too, doesn’t it? (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
12. Slow Cooker Jalapeño Cheddar Cheese Soup: You’re going to need a tall glass of milk with this bowl of cheddar, because it’s a spicy one. Not only do the jalapeños add a nice kick, but the cayenne pepper gives this soup a double dose of flavor. (via Well Plated)
Want more fall comfort food? Follow us on Pinterest!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!