12 Cheese Soup Recipes for All Your Fall Cooking Needs
You know the drill: Temperatures begin to drop, pumpkin flavored everything is everywhere you look and suddenly it’s *officially* fall. Once you’re done binging on pumpkin soup, we highly recommend switching gears and indulging in something warm, creamy and cheesy (OBVI). Cue the cheese soup! It’s good with beer, bacon, veggies and, of course, served in a chewy bread bowl. Sit tight, friends, and get your stretchy pants ready, because you’re about to be hit with 12 of the best cheese soups out there.
1. Cider Cheese Soup Shooters in Mini Pretzel Bread Bowls: We officially give you permission to get back on pumpkin with this AH-MAZING combo. This soup actually calls for pumpkin cider — what could be more fall-tastic than that? (via How Sweet It Is)
2. The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup: Broccoli cheese soup is pretty much THE original cheese soup. Tons of cheddar and half and half will make this so creamy, you’ll be thankful for the crunchy broccoli. (via Averie Cooks)
3. Beer Cheese Soup: Beer and cheese is a classic combo we all need in our lives. This recipe calls for Fat Tire beer, but you can use virtually any variety. For even more deliciousness, dip your popcorn in it. (via Garnish With Lemon)
4. Chipotle Bacon White Bean Soup With Jalapeno Cheddar Crumble: Chipotle powder is the secret to the smokiness in this off-the-beaten-path cheese soup — not to mention the paprika, coriander, garlic and cumin. Don’t forget the bread crumbs for an extra crunch. (via Climbing Grier Mountain)
5. Spicy Crab Bisque for Two: We had to have a bisque on this list because it includes another one of our favorites: crab! And spicy crab at that. Whip this up in no time for your next let’s-stay-in date night. (via Dine and Dish)
6. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup: This is a combination we aren’t so familiar with. Who knew sweet potatoes and cauliflower made such a mouthwatering cheese soup? Made in the slow cooker, this dish takes no time to prep for an easy dinner tonight. (via Peas and Crayons)
7. Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup: When you’re craving a cheeseburger but it’s fall and your grill is out of commission, THIS is what you make. Bonus: If you’re missing the bun, toast slices of your fave baguette and use it to dip into your soup for an added bite. (via Life in the Lofthouse)
8. Ham and White Cheddar Beer Cheese Soup: It’s no secret that beer and cheese go together like chocolate and peanut butter, but when you top it off with ham, bacon and green onion — well, that’s just magical. This soup will be your new go-to dish. (via With Salt and Wit)
9. The Perfect French Onion Soup: French onion soup cannot be ignored on this list of best cheese soups. To get to the broth, you have to find your way through a super gooey layer of Gruyere cheese — ’nuff said. (via The Garlic Diaries)
11. Panera’s Broccoli Cheese Soup: We love it when veggies are included in our favorite copycat comfort food dishes. Admit it — it makes you feel a little less guilty too, doesn’t it? (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
12. Slow Cooker Jalapeño Cheddar Cheese Soup: You’re going to need a tall glass of milk with this bowl of cheddar, because it’s a spicy one. Not only do the jalapeños add a nice kick, but the cayenne pepper gives this soup a double dose of flavor. (via Well Plated)
Want more fall comfort food? Follow us on Pinterest!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.