Most of us just can’t get our morning started without that cup of coffee/tea/dirty chai etc. Maybe it’s that a.m. hit of caffeine, or simply the thought of something warm and cozy to lure you out of bed. If you find yourself with a few extra minutes this week, consider making one of your coffee shop faves at home. You’ll save money, make it exactly to your preferences, and don’t even need to put on shoes to enjoy it. We’ve put together a few recipes to get ready to start those chilly mornings off right.
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte: Enjoy the unofficial beverage of fall in the comfort of your own kitchen. The secret is a pumpkin spice syrup, which only requires five ingredients. Make an extra big batch of the syrup in advance, so you’re ready whenever the mood strikes you. (via Gimme Some Oven)
2. Vanilla Almond Milk Matcha Latte: Matcha is thought to offer a ton of health benefits. It’s rich in antioxidants, and the perfect way to get your morning off to the right start. Make this when you feel like you need a little detoxing. (via Making Thyme for Health)
3. Dirty Chai Latte: This one packs a mighty punch. For those mornings when you really need a boost, go for this chai and espresso combo. It’s also got vanilla and maple syrup, so it’s full of flavor. (via The Blondielocks)
4. Cinnamon Dolce Latte: Nothing says autumn like the scent of cinnamon, and this Starbucks copycat will help you get your fill of it. The flavored syrup is made with coconut sugar, which is a little easier on the tummy than refined sugar. (via With Salt and Wit)
5. Maca Cacao Hot Chocolate: Calling all chocolate lovers — this might be the most satisfying way to curb your craving. Maca is supposed to be great for energy, so you may not even miss the coffee from this drink. Don’t forget to make the homemade coconut whip topping included in the recipe. (via Love and Lemons)
6. Rose Earl Grey Tea Latte: For the prettiest wakeup call, try this super aromatic latte. Look for dried rose petals at your local health food store. (via Honestly Yum)
7. Golden Milk Turmeric Latte: With turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and a pinch of black pepper, this morning elixir is like a cashmere blanket in a cup. If you’re new to golden milk, start with a little less turmeric and work your way up. (via The Glowing Fridge)
8. Simple Maple Latte: We love how super simple this one is. Even if you’re half asleep, you’ll have no problem whipping it up. There are also instructions for getting your milk frothy without any fancy equipment. (Fox and Briar)
9. London Fog: Earl Grey tea, steamy almond milk, and vanilla extract is a classic combo that we can’t wait to wake up with. Enjoy on the weekend with a fresh batch of scones. (via The Healthy Maven)
10. Nutella Hot Chocolate: Some mornings, nothing will do but a cup of super rich cocoa. We’re not sure if we love this more for the Nutella-laced liquid itself or all of the fun toppings. Surprise your kiddos with some for a special Friday treat. (via Cafe Delites)
Looking for more cozy recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!