Our 10 Fave Online Sources for Color Inspiration
It’s news to no one that at Brit + Co., we love color. Like, a lot. But even color pros can find it hard to put together just the right scheme. Whether you’re painting a room in your house or planning your wedding, we’ve compiled some color scheme generators and inspiration blogs so you can coordinate all the hues you desire!
1. The Perfect Scheme: Sometimes, when picking colors you don’t even know where to start. This blog grabs swatches from really pretty photos to get your color mojo flowing. It’s a pretty addictive scroll fest.
2. Color Hail Pixel: With this nifty, intuitive tool, you just move your mouse around the browser window to explore different colors. The lower you go, the lighter the color. Move from left to right to go from red to violet. Click to save a color you like, and it will line up your selections as you go!
3. Kuler: Just pick your scheme preference: monochromatic, complementary, triad, etc. Then move the little dots around the wheel and adjust ’til you find the right match! Be sure to check out the Explore feature for pre-made themes too!
4. Pretty Colors: Maybe all you need is a little pinch of inspiration to get you going. Pretty Colors fills your entire browser with one great swatch find at a time and may surprise you with a color you didn’t even think about!
5. Designspiration: Pick a couple colors, hit enter and watch them come to life in beautiful art from all over the net.
6. Pictaculous: Have an image of your own that would make a perfect scheme? Just upload it, and boom! Scheme created. How about a pineapple mint kitchen? Sounds delicious! (And the website works well on your phone, too!)
7. Color Blender: Just adjust the RGB sliders until you’ve got the scheme you’re looking for. It’s as easy as that!
8. 0 to 255: Click on a swatch, and you get variations of the shade from black to white. Seems simple enough but this kind of thing comes in handy when you’re trying to coordinate the perfect range of pastels.
9. Movies in Color: Cinephile color lovers, get ready for a game changer. This blog takes stills from iconic movies and puts together spectrums from each of them. A Marie Antoinette bathroom could be really elegant.
10. Design Seeds: This kind of combines all of the other tools in one place. Adjust your RGB slider until the color is what you want, then click for photos and schemes with that color. Or you can just scroll premade schemes.
What color tools do you use? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.