What to Make This Weekend: Confetti Fortune Balloons, Disco Ball Photo Booth Backdrop + More
FINALLY, it’s goodbye 2016, hello bright and shiny new year. Kick off this weekend with a celebratory Champagne cocktail — or 10 — then stock up on confetti and craft decor for your NYE party, and spend a little time getting amped up about making some kickass DIY resolutions. If you’re looking forward to a sparkly new year, check out these 10 fab NYE party projects, like confetti fortune balloons, edible glitter cocktails and a full-on holographic outfit. 2017 is looking brighter already.
1. DIY Confetti Fortune Balloons: Who needs messy, potentially fireworks when you can start off the New Year with a bang of confetti?? Get creative coming up with some fun fortunes to give to your squad, then fill each balloon with a colorful mix of chunky glitter and and paper confetti. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Disco Ball Photo Backdrop: Get ready to get yo’ glitter on in a BIG way with this cray cray photo booth backdrop. If your favorite color is sparkle, follow this DIY to cut out about a thousand squares out of silver metallic paper. Then accessorize away with extra disco balls, balloons and confetti. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. DIY Velvet Turban Hack: If there’s one good thing 2016 gave us, it was a resurgence of everything ’90s, AKA everything that is awesome. The velvet trend is white hot, which is why it’s so cool to take a break from velvet tops and skirts and go with something that’ll keep your ears warm, like this no-sew turban. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Holographic Number Piñatas: Did you know you can easily make customized piñata shapes and sizes using just cardboard? All those boxes left over from the holidays? Now you can put them to good use as sparkly party decor pieces. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Holographic NYE Outfit: Speaking of holographic magic, did you know you can turn ANY piece of clothing into iridescent bliss? Grab a little Heat ‘n’ Bond and cellophane and put in some quality time with your iron to get these BA pants and vest. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY NYE Floating Photo Installation: If you’re looking for a way to keep your guests entertained all the way until midnight, you’ll love this interactive photo activity/booth. Snap instant photos of your whole party squad, have everyone write a goal or New Year’s wish on the back and attach each pic to a helium balloon. (via Oh Happy Day)
8. DIY Cotton Candy Edible Glitter Sparkling Wine Cocktail: This pretty pink cocktail might just be the epitome of #unicornlife. Pour Champagne or sparkling wine over pink cotton candy and rim the glasses with edible glitter for an extra dose of ‘grammable magic. (via A Bubbly Life)
9. DIY NYE Confetti Tray: The only thing better than confetti is confetti you do NOT have to clean up — hooray! Spruce up plain white trays with giant confetti and show off those cocktails in style. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY New Year’s Resolution Tree: Really stick it to your goals this year by making them part of your decor. You’re far more likely to make your resolutions happen if you can see them on the daily. Instead of Post-its on the fridge, deck out a mini branch tree with goals. And pom-poms, obvi. (via Brit + Co)
We want to see what you’re making this weekend! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)