The 20 Wackiest Wedding Cakes Ever
The dress is important, the venue is crucial, but a wedding is not a wedding without a cake. After a day of dancing and congo line marching, this sugary pick-me-up is kind of why guests bother to show up. Except for, you know, the whole marriage thing. Do it big on your special day and treat everyone to a cake that’ll have them drooling for days. From the wacky to the downright jaw dropping, here are 20 of the craziest wedding cakes around.
4. Lifesize Bride: Why customize the cake toppers to look like you when you can customize the cake? What we’re really wondering though is how you’d go about cutting it. Do you stab yourself in the gut or chop off an arm? (via Dump A Day)
7. Anti-Gravity Cake: She looks pretty nervous about making that first cut. We would be nervous too if we were her. One wrong move and that top cake ball is going straight onto Grandma’s head. (via Rainbow Sugarcraft)
8. My Little Pony Cake: This is certainly a colorful option and we love it for that. Not sure how well this would go down with the groom though. Unless he’s a brony – AKA bros who love My Little Pony. It’s a real thing, Google it. (via Jessi Haack Design Blog)
11. Tea Party Cake: Perfect for a charming ceremony that falls some where in between a wedding and a tea party. With a cake like this, don’t be surprised if you got an unexpected visit from the mad hatter. (via Cakes Decor)
12. Abstract Cake: Forget about all the other kitschy fondant creations. This unexpected modern cake has our undivided attention. We like to think the bride is wearing an equally impressive dress. (via Charm City Cakes)
16. Elephant Cake: This little cake definitely won’t feed a frenzy, but if you’ve got a small wedding and want to impress a limited number of guests here is a perfect way to do so. (via Big Fat Indian Wedding)
19. Steampunk Cake: Dig into the mysterious and wonderful world of steampunk! This guy is packed with all the steampunk necessities: goggles, pocket watches, tops hats, you name it! (via Artisan Cake Co.)
Would you use any of these crazy cool cakes at your wedding? Do you have an even wackier wedding cake that deserves to make it on the list? Share a pic with us below or on Twitter!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)