33 Creative Pumpkin Carving Ideas and Designs
We are officially consuming pumpkin-flavored things faster than leaves can fall off trees. And as much as we love eating it, we also can’t stop using it as decor. To kick off our Halloween decorating obsession, we’ve rounded up the best of the best in pumpkin design. So whether you’re getting intricate with it or just want to drill a few holes, these 33 unique carving ideas will get you carving and embellishing creatively this Halloween.
1. DIY Cat Drilled Pumpkin: Opting for a repeating pattern and some paint creates a fresh look without having to spend hours carving out a ghoulish face. (via Handmade Charlotte)
4. Cross-Stitch Pumpkins: Take your hobby to the next level this season with these charming & ghoulish designs. (via Aww Sam)
5. Flamingo Pumpkin: It’s always a bit easier to just paint them, right? And you can easily add everything you need to make a flock of them for your living room. (via Brit + Co)
6. Boo Pumpkin: It’s the catchphrase of the season. Play it up, pumpkin style. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Animal Pumpkins: Invite the girls over to spend an afternoon carving woodland creatures. They’ll thank you later. (via Brit + Co)
8. Finding Dory Pumpkins: Ya know, for the kids in your life. Don’t forget to do Hank the Septopus! (via Brit + Co)
10. Creepy Cat-Eye Pumpkin: This one doesn’t need to be big to make a statement. The multitude of eyes staring back at you as you walk across the room is creepy enough. (via Paper & Stitch)
11. Scalloped Pumpkin: Have some tissue confetti left over? Excellent. Layer it to create a fish-scale effect. (via Sarah Hearts)
12. Cosmic Pumpkins: Those pre-painted plastic versions are the perfect backdrop for a night’s sky or the Milky Way. (via Brit + Co)
13. Anatomy Pumpkins: Rather than hanging a skeleton outside the door to spook trick-or-treaters, carve these pumpkins for a more original take on the tradition. (via Brit + Co)
14. Tissue Paper Geometric Pumpkins: Decoupage to the rescue! Clear out your crafting stash and decorate your gourds in style. (via Design Fixation)
15. Hocus Pocus Pumpkins: Thackery Binx would be proud to sit by these while guarding the book and the black flame candle. (via Lovely Indeed)
17. Retro Label Maker Pumpkins: Live your office supply dreams all season long with a label maker. (via A Bubbly Life)
18. Text Pumpkins: Text designs make a big impact without all the hard work. (via Paper & Stitch)
19. Tassels Pumpkin: There are never enough ways to use all the cute tassels in the world. This is ideal for adding texture to the waxy ones. (via Delineate Your Dwelling)
20. Pom Pom Pumpkins: Living colorfully is a 24/7 kind of lifestyle. Embrace the trend this fall with a collection of rainbow pumpkins. (via Design Improvised)
21. Emoji Head Pumpkins: Bring those keyboard faves to life this year with a stoop full of emojis. (via Brit + Co)
22. Hot Crayon Pumpkin: Don’t bother with melted crayon art. Instead, use the technique on these tiny little ones. They’d make a stylish centerpiece and are a way to get the kids involved. (via Hello, Wonderful)
23. Unicorn Pumpkin: Because we all need a little bit of magic as we go about our day. (via Brit + Co)
24. Thanksgiving Pumpkin: White pumpkins are versatile, and this simple fabric paint DIY will carry you through from Halloween to Thanksgiving. (via A Beautiful Mess)
25. Candy Jar Carved Pumpkin: Turn your pumpkin into a candy jar with some knife skills and chalkboard paint. (via In My Own Style)
26. String Art Pumpkin: String us along anytime for an art project that combines bright fabric, metal, and organic materials. (via Hello, Wonderful)
27. Turquoise Pumpkin: Rhinestones make everything prettier, and we love this DIY teal-painted take on the orange classic. (via Dans Lakehouse)
28. Cactus Pumpkin: These are simple to DIY and are a major conversation starter. (via Aww, Sam)
29. Gold Confetti-Dipped Pumpkin: These pumpkins were *meant* to be seen. (via Studio DIY)
30. Gold Leaf Patterned Pumpkin: Yes, you can add a chic touch to your decor with a *pumpkin*. (via Brit + Co)
31. Modern Geometric Pumpkin: Since you won’t be carving, stick to a smoother faux pumpkin for this DIY. Its less-pronounced ridges will make it easier to apply these vinyl pieces. (via Design Improvised)
32. Gold Geo No-Carve Pumpkins: These geometric gold pumpkins may look fancy, but they only require you to use a gold pen. (via Lovely Indeed)
33. Boho Agate Geode Jack-O-Lantern: Incorporate crystal magic into your Halloween decor-scape with agate slices that glow deep blue when candlelit. (via JoJoTastic)
Which idea do you like best from this list? Share pictures of your pumpkins with us on Twitter!
(Additional reporting by Cortney Clift)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)