22 Flirty Ponytails for Every Date Night
Hop off your high horse: Ponytails aren’t reserved solely for bad hair days or working on your fitness, and we have proof. We’ve turned to the top style bloggers out there who have shown us that ponytails are stylish enough to tag along on date night. Still not convinced? After checking out the likes of Chiara Ferragni and Wendy Nguyen in looks that range from polished and sleek to fun and flirty, you’ll be running for your hair ties stat.
2. Bangs: Steal your sleek looks from this Detroit native in a high ponytail with blunt bangs. Gabbi Gregg not only gives great hair advice, but she has also designed a sell-out swimwear collection and partnered with brands including Misguided, Nordstrom and Laura Mercier. We’d say her input is legit. (via Gabifresh)
3. Show Off Your Part: Follow the trend that this stylish blogger’s puttin’ down and part your hair down the middle, then slick it back with an air of sophistication. With this look, you’ll exude dating material. (via Girls Off Fifth)
4. Side Part: If you want to look exceptional, follow this diva’s lead and tie your hair up with a sexy side part. Oh, and while you’re at it, you may just want to hop on the jumpsuit trend too. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
5. Short Hair: You’ve probably hit up all her tips and tricks on YouTube, and now it’s time to follow her lead on how to do a short-haired updo in a sleek and sexy way. Don’t forget to add some dazzle with the perfect earrings to match your look. (via The Chriselle Factor)
6. Low Side Pony: Looking for something flirty and fun, yet befitting for a romantic dinner? Shea Marie, who’s worked with the likes of Dior, Gucci, H&M and Guess, has what you need. Let your hair hang low and loose, but keep it chic by pulling it to the side. (via Peace Love Shea)
7. Barely There: Danielle Bernstein will certainly fill you in on what to wear and how to style your hair. Freshen up your look with a barely-there ponytail, and let your date know you’re flirty and fun. (via We Wore What)
FLIRTY AND FUN
11. Messy Bangs: With her own line of t-shirts often displaying trendy sayings and inspirational quotes, there’s no coincidence that this stylist’s look gives off the girl-next-door vibe. If you want to appear approachable and cute on date night, follow suit and show off your bangs with your hair tied back and loose tendrils faming your face. (via Sincerely Jules)
12. Curls Galore: Show your true colors with this free-flowing hairstyle from Karen Blanchard and the experts of Vidal Sassoon. Embracing flirty and loose curls will show off confidence and just feel good. (via Vidal Sassoon)
13. Pony With a Twist: This ModCloth designer and Marie Claire columnist rocks a fun-loving style. Follow her cue and pile your hair high and in a twist for some good messy fun without trying too hard. (via Nicolette Mason)
14. Rocker-Chic: This rocker-chic ponytail is begging for a fun night out on the town. If you’re wearing anything leather as part of your date-night ensemble, please rock this pony with it. (via Peace Love Shea)
15. Beach Babe: Modeling a Jeremy Scott x Adidas French Fry swimsuit, Gabi Gregg shows us the perfect ‘do for a date on the beach. Channel your seaside mermaid with a happy-go-lucky braided high ‘do. If you decide to take a dip with your date, wind that hair into a big bun. (via Gabifresh)
16. Add a Hat: Crisp air, fall leaves and a romantic stroll with your date through the park: Sounds ideal, amiright? Keep warm and stylish like San Francisco-based Blaire Eadie by pairing a ponytail with a statement hat. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
17. Tie It up: Here’s an easy outfit upgrade for date night: Just add a ribbon and tie it into a boho bow. Julie Engel shows us two sweet ways to style: tied low and sleek, or playfully tied around a high ponytail. (via Gal Meets Glam)
18. Style Bubble: We typically try to hide the classic rubber band that binds our locks, but Susanna Lau shows us a hip way to show off our hair tie and transform the typical ponytail with a double band. Double dates are thing, so why not a double pony too? (via Style Bubble)
21. Pony Twist: The French know a little thing or two about romance, so go ahead and turn a few heads with this elegant and gorgeous twist. It may look complicated, but it’ll only take a few minutes to put together. (via Gal Meets Glam)
22. Bobby Pins: If you’ve got a last-minute date night or meeting up for happy hour after work, limp, frizzy hair won’t cut it. Pull your hair back into a tousled side pony, and be sure to tuck away fly-aways by securing them with a few bobby pins. (via Wendy’s Lookbook)
Did we miss your favorite ponytail look? Tell us what you’ll be wearing come Friday or Saturday night!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)