13 Tips for Your Date Night Beauty Routine
Feeling fab on a first (or fourth) date is about more than making a good impression. You want to look beautiful and confident, and you also don’t want to overdo things with a mask of makeup. Whether your date is a dud or a stud, you want to knock some socks off. Aside from just being your charming self, here are 13 easy tips for making you look and feel fabulous for your date night.
2. Start Planning: Give yourself plenty of time to plan for any waxing or manicures that you want to happen. Not having to worry about last-minute tweezing or nail trimming leaves more time to focus on other time-consuming tasks like hair and makeup. (via Free People)
3. Rock the Tunes: Play some of your favorite tunes while getting ready to get you excited about your big night. Even if you’re exhausted after a long day, dancing along to some good music will restore your energy. (via Brit + Co)
6. Glow On: Make a flawless first impression by exfoliating your face to create a fresh, smooth palette for your makeup and add just a hint of bronzer to get that healthy glow. (via Our Vanity)
7. Red Lips: There is scientific proof that red lips will increase your attractiveness and make you feel more confident. Red will make your teeth look whiter and glossy lipsticks amp up the sex appeal. (via Evaliss)
8. Minty Fresh: Start thinking about your breath early on in the day and pass on the garlic bread for lunch. You don’t want to be chewing gum during your date, so be wary of coffee breath and grab some mints or breath-freshening strips. (via Nasty Gal)
9. Opt for a Simple Do: Instead of stressing about your hair and spending hours on a high-maintenance style, go for a slightly tousled, loose look that makes you look effortlessly beautiful. (via Le Fashion)
10. Highlight Your Best Features: Perk up your look with a little highlighter. Use a shimmery, pearlescent cream or powder along the tops of your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose and your brow bones, and make sure you blend well to get that inner glow. (via Brit + Co)
11. Fake Your Beauty Sleep: We know how impossible it is to get enough sleep, but fake it ’til you make it, girl. Use an eye cream to stimulate circulation, then apply a thin layer of concealer and a light dusting of reflective powder to make your eyes pop. (via Free People)
12. Consider the Dress: It’s tempting to go out and buy something new, but make sure you wear at least one thing that you already love. You’ll feel more confident if you’re wearing something that you know looks good on you. (via Sincerely Jules)
13. Bring Emergency Essentials: No matter if you’re going on a date or out with pals, it’s always good to be prepared for unexpected hiccups by carrying a few essentials in your purse, like your lip color, a tiny tube of concealer and a bobby pin or two. (via Her Campus)
What are your date-night beauty routines? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below!