When summer rolls around, you need a place to lounge and enjoy lazy afternoons. After all, what’s better than relaxing, reading a good book and enjoying a boozy beverage? Whether you want to kick back in your backyard or chill in your air-conditioned living room, a hanging chair is the perfect spot to unwind. If you’re itching for a great place to hang out (pun totally intended), check out these eight DIY hanging chairs you’ll want to make ASAP.
1. Baby and Toddler Swing: Spoil your little one with an awesome hanging chair. This easy-peasy fabric baby chair works outside or inside and is guaranteed to make you the coolest mom on the block. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Pallet Swing: Pallets were made for DIYing. Perfect for kids and kids at heart, this pallet swing proves you can do anything with them. (via Tidbits from the Tremaynes)
3. Hanging Lounge Chair: Suddenly we’re all about the mini-staycation, but only if this lounge chair is included. Hang it up and hang out. (via The Merrythought)
4. Macrame Chair: This macrame bad boy is one challenging DIY, but it’s totally worth it. How amazing does it look in that living room?! (via Classy Clutter)
5. Hammock Chair This hammock chair is begging to be placed in a reading nook or under a big, shady tree. We can already imagine the luxurious naps. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Hanging Garden Chair: Get out your power tools, because you’re going to want this chair. Its unique architectural design will look just as amazing in a garden as it will in your living room. (via Yahoo! Australia)
7. Pallet Porch Swing: If you’re dreaming of spending evenings on your porch drinking something delicious, this pallet porch swing is calling your name. (via Sheryl Salisbury Photography)
BONUS: Pallet Swing Bed: Sure, it’s not a chair, but that makes it even better. This swinging bed is genius and looks crazy comfortable. (via The Merrythought)
Are you planning on adding a hanging chair to your indoor or outdoor space? Hit us up in the comments section.