24 Playful Pairs of DIY Sneakers to Make ASAP
No matter how much you love heels, you can’t deny the comfortability of flat sneakers. Luckily for us, sneakers are seriously hot this summer. Whether you’re rockin’ the slip-ons or sporting your gym sneaks, you can never have too many pairs. And now, we’re making it even easier to grow your one-of-a-kind shoe collection with these 24 playful pairs that you can make yourself. You can thank us later.
3. Braided Laces: Makeover your shoe laces by replacing them with braided fabric strips. It’s a great way to recycle your scraps and give your sneakers new life. Plus, you can transfer them from pair to pair. (via Martha Stewart)
4. Neon Studs: This bright tutorial may be for kids sneaks, but we would totally rock these all day long. The marriage of neon studs and white high tops can live happily ever after in our closets (or on our feet). (via Small Fry)
7. Fringe: A little fabric glue can go a long way with this frilly tutorial. While we’re loving the black sneaker and pink ombre fringe combo, you could play around with a variety of different color stories. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Platforms: Prada came out with the coolest platforms back in 2011 and this fairly simple tutorial shows you how to get the same look. All you need is a pair of basic white sneakers, an old pair of flip flops, some glue and some braided rope. This is one chic pair that’ll never go out of style. (via A Pair + A Spare)
10. Organic Colorful Forms: This is a fool-proof way to add some color and fun to your feet. Just grab a brush and start painting random shapes. Then, with a black paint marker, go back and add some dots and lines. Easy as that! (via A Beautiful Mess)
14. Lace Slip-Ons: Turns out making lace covered sneaks isn’t as hard as it looks. Just paste a swatch of your favorite lace fabric on top of your slip-ons and voila, you’ve got a brand spankin’ new pair. (via Sprinkles in Springs)
16. Confetti: These cuties are inspired by twinkling Christmas lights, but they sort of remind us of sprinkles. All you need is some colorful Sharpies (and what DIYer doesn’t have a bunch of those lying around?). (via Dream a Little Bigger)
19. Mosaic Painting: Strips of painter’s tape make this DIY project a cinch. Just tape off the parts that you want to remain the color of the shoe (in this case, white) and fill in the squares with an assortment of colors. (via What I Wore)
23. Cutout Polka Dots: Another way to take full advantage of the cutout shoe trend is with quirky cutout polka dots. The best part is you can rock ‘em through fall with a colorful pair of socks! (via Refinery29)
Have you ever given your shoes a makeover? Tell us about it below or tweet us a pic @BritandCo!