12 Pretty Ways to DIY With Textiles
While it’s always a blast to stay on trend with the most recent wearable tech, there’s something about a good ol’ textile that will simply never go out of style. If you’re trying to beat creative block or you’re craving a new DIY after crafting the perfect pillow covers to match your fabulous wall art, we’ve got just what you need. Scroll on for 12 textile DIY projects to tackle this weekend.
1. Polyvore Tassel Necklace Kit ($25): Add some fabric-y flair in a not-so-common spot: around your neck! This DIY tassel necklace is super fun to make and mega fun to wear. It complements any neutral ensemble swimmingly.
Fiber Huis Coaster Weaving Loom Kitloom. Whaaaaat!
3. Sugar and Cloth Gold Foil Tote Kit ($19): Everyone loves a good tote (there’s never a shortage of things to carry around, is there?) and gold makes everything extra glam. Whether it’s your gym bag or work tote, add a touch of golden sparkle with this kit to take your bag to the next level.
4. Jacquard Products Screen Printing Kit ($70): If you went through a huge neutral phase and now you’re feeling a little blah about it, jazz up your stuff with this super rad at-home screen printing kit. From t-shirts to tote bags and everything in between, your soon-to-be-colorful self will thank you.
5. Studio MME Party Animal Embroidery Kit ($30): Whether you like to party, love animals or both, this cheeky little embroidery kit is the sweetest thing ever. Add some needlework to dish towels, pillow cases and anything else you know of that needs a little stitch art.
6. Brit + Co Hand-Stamped Pillow Covers Kit ($30): No need to limit your decorative pillow choices to those available at the store. Instead, get crafty and make your own at home. Now you can create the perfectly stamped design you’ve been waiting all these months to find.
7. Brit + Co Woven Cuff Bracelet Kit ($19): If you’ve got enough in the way of clothes and home decor, this DIY textile cuff is calling your name. The color and pattern combos are endless, so it’s truly yours no matter how you approach it.
8. Idieh Design Stenciled Tee and Tote Kit ($39): You don’t have to choose between a DIY tote or a DIY tee with this double-punch combo. Style them to match or make two totally different pieces depending on how you feel.
9. Seedling Design Your Own Bird Wings ($20): For kids of all ages, this kit is about as whimsical as it gets. In no time at all you’ll be flying through fields or simply strolling down city sidewalks, wings floating along behind you.
10. Brit + Co Dip Dyed Rope Bowls Kit ($24): If you’re looking to step up your organization but also have a hankering to make something, this dip-dyed bowl kit is just what you need. You’ll get to tackle a creative project and end up with a pretty place to keep track of things like keys and lose change or jewelry.
11. Brit + Co Color Wrapped Bracelets Kit ($24): Looking for a textile bracelet that’s a little more subtle? You’ve found it in this wrapped bracelet kit. It’s got all the textile and color of a cuff without the size.
12. Jacquard Products Indigo Tie Dye Kit ($12): You’ll never tire of responding to all the compliments you get on your vibrant scarf by saying, “Oh thanks, I made it myself!” Toss this beauty over anything from a white tee to an LBD.