14 Simple Soup Recipes for Fall
While it pains us to bid farewell to summer backyard bashes and cocktails, fall is already upon us. It’s time for our favorite fall festivities: football, wardrobe changes and autumn eats. And as the weather starts to cool down, we’re definitely starting to develop a hankering for those fall comfort food staples. We’ve got 14 fall soups that are guaranteed to earn a well-deserved spot on your list of “warm fuzzies, guaranteed” recipes.
1. Tofu and Pumpkin Laksa: Between the rich seasonal menus at our favorite coffee shops and bars (pumpkin beer, anyone?), sometimes you just have to prep something flavorful and healthy. Luckily, this laksa is light and delicious enough to help balance out our other fall indulgences. (via Stylejuicer)
2. Brie and Cheddar Apple Beer Soup: Honeycrisp apples are almost in season, and we’re so pumped to give this soup a go. And as if we needed another reason to get cooking, the cinnamon pecan crumble sounds too good to be true. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala: Okay, so this isn’t exactly soup. But you can’t deny the warm, fuzzy feeling you get after devouring this creamy, flavorful dish. And having it ready for you as soon as you’re home from work? It doesn’t get any better than that. (via The Roasted Root)
4. Chipotle Black Bean Tortilla Soup: This simple-to-make soup is big on flavor. We want to grab a bowl, curl up on the couch and fire up our Netflix account just thinking about it. (via Minimalist Baker)
5. Ginger and Lemongrass Infused Thai Soup: Want to try something a little different than the chicken noodle/tomato variety of soup this season? We’re obsessed with this creamy coconut milk soup — the crispy tofu seriously makes it. And the combination of ginger, lemongrass and garlic also makes this a kick-ass soup for kicking a seasonal cold. (via Sobremesa Blog)
6. Homemade Tomato Soup: On the other hand, sometimes you just gotta go with a classic. Tomato soups have been a favorite for good reason — that rich, cheesy goodness is hard to deny. And did we mention that this recipe contains bacon? (via Pinch of Yum)
11. Thai Red Curry Soup: This easy-to-make soup is sure to keep you warm on a chilly fall night. The vibrant flavors of the red curry and fall veggies have earned it a permanent spot in our dinner rotation. (via Damn Delicious)
12. West African Peanut Soup: This spicy, rich soup will definitely hit the spot on those chilly fall nights. We recommend adding some diced sweet potato and extra Sriracha for some bonus taste points. (via Noms for the Poor)
14. Chicken Noodle Soup: We know, what kind of list would this be if we didn’t include this soup staple? Beat your seasonal cold and indulge in the ultimate couch potato comfort soup via your slow cooker. (via Hello Healthy)
What is your favorite fall soup? Share your recipe in the comments!