We all pine for soup season, despite the bone-chilling weather that comes with it. Curling up with a steamy bowl of feel-good makes trudging through the snow seem worth it. (Almost.) Sadly, such weather can also result in the sniffles, aches and that dreaded tickle in the throat. Hot and boozy drinks are a surefire way to warm your insides at night, but you need to nourish that bod too. Though some swear that chicken noodle soup is meant to heal the soul, we’ve got 14 broth-y concoctions that will kick that virus to the curb just as quickly.
1. Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice Soup: If you’re staying true to your grandmother’s convictions about chicken soup when feeling under the weather, we got you. This hearty bowl provides you with the essence of chicken soup, but amps it up with salsa verde, chili powder and cumin. (via One Lovely Life)
2. Daikon and Zucchini Noodle Pho: A big steamy bowl of Pho is always a great way to soothe the soul and, if you add enough heat, it will clear you right up. With spiralized zucchini replacing rice noodles, this low-carb, veggie-filled variation is just what the doctor ordered. (via The Girl on Bloor)
3. Quick and Easy Pasta e Fagiole Soup: The words “quick” and “easy” sound pretty good when you’re on the down and out. This no-fuss bowl of wholesome goodies will fill you up and warm your belly, leaving you feeling nourished and satisfied. (via The Healthy Foodie)
4. Winter Vegetable and Oat Soup: When you think of finding comfort in food throughout the chilly months, two things come to mind: hot soups and hearty bowls of oatmeal. Imagine the two together! This is exactly what you get with this big serving of contentment. (via Coffee and Crayons)
5. Vegetable Miso Soup With Soba Noodles: With a cook time of only 30 minutes, this smooth umami-filled miso soup sure beats trekking out in the cold to get take-out. It’s a cinch to make and it stores well, so be sure to make extra for future indulgence. (via 8th and Lake)
6. Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken Stew: Having someone fix you a bowl of feel-good when you’re ailing is ideal; unfortunately, not all of us have that luxury. The next best thing is having a slow cooker do it for you, which is why this broth-y chicken stew is the ultimate perfection. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
7. Dill Pickle Soup: This soup is a total *dream* for dill pickle lovers everywhere. Naturally GF and vegan, this bowl of briny goodness can be made in just 20 minutes; no slaving over a stove required. (via Pure Ella)
8. 30-Minute Shortcut Mohinga (Burmese Fish Vermicelli Soup): Sure, chicken is full of nutrients and seems ideal when you’re sick — but fish is also incredibly healthy, and if you’re into it, you should consider this bomb Burmese fish soup. With ginger, garlic and dashi, you know it’s got to be good. (via Lime and Cilantro)
9. Whole Grain Chicken Noodle Soup: Sometimes you can’t help but crave a classic. Though this chicken noodle soup brings us back to the basics, it’s anything but standard. Tender chunks of chicken and whole wheat noodles create a bowl that is both delicious and satisfying. (via Simply Sissom)
10. Vegan Barley and Lentil Soup: This simple and delish bowl of soup is full of healthful ingredients and might just become a winter staple in your home — and you don’t have to be vegan to enjoy it. It only calls for a few ingredients, most of which are probably in your pantry right now. (via Vibrant Plate)
11. Healthy Turkey Wild Rice Soup: One of the best ways to use up leftover turkey is to throw it into a robust soup. This meal will have you glowing with its abundance of tender shredded turkey, nutritious beans and substantial rice. (via Creme de la Crumb)
12. Italian Wedding Soup: This simple and quick American-Italian classic is always guaranteed to satisfy. Filled with leafy spinach, orzo and tender meatballs, this soup will cozy you up after a single spoonful. (via Jo Cooks)
13. Slow Cooker Curried Lentil Soup: This glorious flavor-packed jumble lets you set it and forget it — no effort required. Just place all of your ingredients into the slow cooker and let it take care of the rest. Your home will be filled with the comforting aroma of curry and veggies until you can finally dig in. (via Gimme Some Oven)
14. Butternut Squash, Kale and White Bean Soup: This adaptable vegetarian soup can easily be made vegan by omitting the cheese. It’s replenishing, herbaceous and loaded with nutrients. It’s the perfect cure for those wintry chills. (via A Nerd Cooks)
Follow us on Pinterest for more cozy + comforting soup ideas.