When it comes to quick cooking and baking, we have options. But when even our go-to hacks take too long we’re all about two pretty low-tech tools: a mug and the microwave. This collection of 21 mug cakes employs both to yield tempting treats in practically no time at all. Whether you’re an inexperienced baker, cooking in a dorm room or often find yourself needing something sweet to nibble on NOW, you’ll definitely want to keep this guide handy.
1. Blackberry-Lemon Custard Cream Mug Cakes: The extra step of creaming the butter and sugar together with sour cream yields an almost ethereal lemon cake. Start to finish, they still take fewer than 10 minutes to whip together. (via The Kitchen McCabe)
2. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake (Low-Carb): Almond flour amps up the nuttiness of these irresistible PB+C cakes while lowering the carb count at the same time. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
6. Chocolate Nutella Mug Cake With Strawberries + Coconut Cream: This oversized mug cake is the perfect amount to share with your sweetie. (via The Kitchen McCabe)
8. Single Lady Five-Minute Molten Chocolate Mug Cake: No microwave? No problem. You can still get in on the mug cake madness using an old school oven with this molten chocolate charmer. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Reese’s Spread Mug Cake: Give the jar of Nutella a rest and try Reese’s spread the next time you crave something nutty and chocolatey. We’re thinking a few chopped mini peanut butter cups would make for an excellent stir-in… or at least something to help tide you over until it’s ready to eat. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
12. One-Minute Coffee Cake in a Mug: Buttery and sweet, this crumb cake is just as delicious enjoyed with your morning cup of coffee as it is with an ice-cold glass of milk for an afternoon snack. (via Runway Chef)
14. Double Chocolate Mug Cake (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free): Have fun changing up the texture of this rich chocolate cake by simply swapping out the flours used. (via The Pretty Bee)
21. Funfetti Mug Cake With Raspberry Ice Cream Topping (Dairy-Free): You won’t find any boxed confetti cake mix here; every part of this dessert, including the ice cream on top, is homemade. (via The Sweet Tooth Life)
Have you ever tried making one of these magical, made-in-a-mug creations? Share your results and favorite recipes with us below!