12 Eco-Friendly Essentials for Your Kiddo’s Easter Basket
When it comes to Easter baskets for your kids, it can seem like your only options are chocolate and more chocolate. While we like a Cadbury egg as much as the next person, it can be fun to switch up your Easter basket game. We’re sharing our fave basket stuffers that are not only good for them, but also help out the environment. Scroll on for 12 essentials to add to your little one’s green and healthy Easter basket.
1. Homemade Trail Mix: Sneak some healthy nuts and raisins in with the chocolate with this easy recipe for homemade trail mix. The mason jar containers can easily be decorated in spring colors and reused after the holiday is over. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
2. Egg Shaker ($4): It may look like a normal egg, but it’s actually a maraca. Get those little fingers making music with this bright shaker, and they’ll have something to do once they’ve finished their brunch.
4. Picture Memory Game ($20): This sweet gift is something you’ll save for years. Not to mention, they’ll love seeing their own faces on a game.
9. Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups: Skip the preservatives and DIY your own fruit roll-ups for your kiddos. While the recipe makes strawberry-flavored roll-ups, you can certainly switch them out for your child’s favorite berry flavor. (via Baked by Rachel)
10. Waldorf Bunny ($24): Is this not the most adorable rabbit you’ve ever seen? We wouldn’t mind spying those pretty pink ears in our own Easter baskets.
11. Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs: For the fans who just can’t pass up the Reese’s, try making these peanut butter-filled eggs that will be tastier and healthier than their store-bought companions. (via A Clean Bake)
12. Eggling ($13): Get them flexing their green thumb early with an miniature garden. After five months of care, their plant will be ready to join your vegetable garden.
Do you have any eco-friendly or healthy Easter basket must-haves? Tell us below!