Why Are There So Many Egg Separators These Days?!
Folks seem to be getting really serious about separating their egg yolks from their egg whites. It’s an egg-cellent way to get a good amount of protein without all that yolky cholesterol, and is especially essential when making your first eggs-troardinary batch of macarons. All yolks aside though, here are 5 egg separators you should check out ;)
1. Yolkr ($12): First up, we’ve got the Yolkr. This recently successful Kickstarter project sucks egg yolks and happens to be really, really good looking. We love all the different colors this comes in, fit for any kitchen.
2. Whisk (concept): We can’t wait for this whisk to hit the market. The head of the whisk features a basket-like depression, sized to perfectly cradle a yolk as the whites fall throw the whisk. You can set the whisk on a countertop without it rolling off the edge, and it also balances on the rim of a bowl so you can easily crack an egg right into it.
3. Ceramic Chick Separator ($5): The question is, what came first? This adorable egg separator kind of has an accidental dark side to it – there’s definitely something cannibalistic about cracking an egg into a ceramic chick and pouring the egg white out of the chick’s beak.
4. Handheld Egg Cracker + Separator ($7): Not only does this separate egg yolks from egg whites, it cracks eggs too! What!
5. Pluck ($13): Huzzah! Last we’ve got Plucky, a plucky little bugger here to make your egg separating dreams come true. Similar to Yolkr, this employs the “suck” technique for separating yolks from whites. It’s easy to clean and is sure to make your breakfasts much healthier.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)