Let’s be real: The classic dinner-and-a-movie date can get pretty stale after a while. And sometimes, quite frankly, you just don’t feel like leaving the house. That’s where these fun date ideas come in handy. Just because you don’t (technically) need to change out of your yoga pants, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t put any effort into your at-home date night. Check out these creative date ideas and let the romance commence.
1. DIY Date Night Jenga: Put a romantic twist on this childhood favorite with DIY dares, questions and more. How scandalous it gets is up to you ;) (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Paint & Sip: Grab a couple of canvases, a few brushes and some watercolors at your local craft store. Next, pick up your favorite bottle of bubbly. Don’t be afraid to get messy! (via Minnesota Bride)
4. Build a Fort: Is there anything more romantic than snuggling up with loads of pillow and blankets? Set up shop outside if the weather is nice, or build a fort in your living room. (via Brit + Co)
6. Cook Together: Leave the passport behind and take your taste buds on a trip around the world with a delicious meal inspired by a country you two have been dying to visit. (via Hobbies for Couples)
7. Bring the Spa Home: You both work hard, so treat each other to massages and bubble baths for a relaxing evening at home. (via Women’s Health)
8. Scavenger Hunt: Send your partner on a wild goose chase throughout the house with creative clues. The fabulous prize at the end? You, of course! (via Shape)
10. Picnic at Home: For an authentic touch, spread out a checkered blanket and pack up your goodies inside a picnic basket. Living room, backyard or patio — where you go is up to you. (via Marie Claire)
11. Date Night Jar: Fill a glass or jar with popsicle sticks featuring “Would You Rather?” questions or suggestions for “Truth or Dare.” Either way, you’re bound to learn more about each other. (via Everyday Cheer)
12. Karaoke Night: Search YouTube for lyric videos and sing your heart out. Take turns choosing songs for each other for an element of surprise. (via Giant Bomb)
13. Night of Netflix: Take binge watching to another level and create a drinking game for your favorite show. (via WonderMika)
14. Breakfast in Bed: Who says you can’t eat brunch for dinner? Whip up your best eggs Benedict recipe and then cozy up under the covers. (via Buzzfeed)
Have you tried any creative at-home date ideas? Share all the details below!