Looking for something a little more special than the standard six-pack for dad this year? How about a fabulous cocktail? Sweet or savory, classic or new, this collection of man-tested recipes will wow all the guys in your life. Gather up a few tasty snacks and your favorite glassware and let’s get down to some taste testing!
1. Ginger Beer Margaritas: We love this refreshing twist on an old favorite, and we’re sure Dad will too. (via Minimalist Baker)
2. The Hemingway Daiquiri: Rumor has it Mr. Hemingway would knock back several of these in one sitting at his favorite watering hole in Havana. This rum, citrus and maraschino mix will have you daydreaming about tropical weather in no time. (via The Kitchn)
3. Peppered Bacon Bloody Mary: Nothing says brunch like a Bloody Mary. The peppered bacon will add a little extra spice to your Dad’s morning routine. (via Gimme Some Oven)
4. Old Fashioned: You can’t go wrong with this gentleman’s classic. We’re sure Pa will be super proud when you whip up the perfect version. (via Chow)
5. White Lady: Don’t let the name fool you — this seemingly delicate sip includes gin and orange liqueur and will knock you right off your feet. (via Refinery29)
6. Serrano-Spiced Paloma: Outdoor celebrations definitely call for something refreshing, and this paloma surely does the trick. Tequila, grapefruit juice and finely sliced serrano peppers will give Dad a real kick! (via Cookie + Kate)
7. Classic Michelada: Looking for an easier way to start the morning? Try a Michelada. Usually made with tomato or clamato juice, this is a Mexican spin on the Bloody Mary. It’ll be the perfect drink for Father’s Day brunch. (via Food52)
8. Negroni: You don’t need a special occasion to enjoy this gin and Campari classic. Top it off with Prosecco for a lighter libation. (via Bon Appetit)
9. Gin Rickey: Not for the faint of heart, this classic is simple but strong. If your Dad is more of a whiskey drinker, feel free to sub bourbon for the gin. (via Food Republic)
10. Boozy Guinness Floats: Coffee ice cream, chocolate and Guinness? Sign us up! Consider Father’s Day dessert covered. (via Williams Sonoma)
11. French 75: For a touch of sophistication, just add bubbles. This classic cocktail packs a double punch of gin and champagne. (via Chow)
12. Classic Gimlet: Perhaps the most classic of all gin cocktails, gimlets definitely deserve the top-shelf variety. It’s the perfect way to showcase his favorite liquor. (via Creative Culinary)
13. Dark and Stormy: This rum and ginger beer thirst-quencher comes to us by way of Bermuda and is guaranteed to please! (via Food52)
What are you mixing up for Dad this year? We’d love to hear about your favorite boozy standbys! Share with us below.