When it comes to taking care of skin, it’s critical to invest in a regime that works for you and can be done on the daily. Problem is, eye creams, scrubs, masks + more really do a doozy on your bank account. We’ve shown you ways to use your kitchen to take care of skin, but did you know it’s also possible to use flowers to keep skin silky smooth? Check out these sweet-smelling DIY options below, and get ready to repurpose any bouquets you’ve got hanging around.
2. Lavender Foaming Cleanser: Freaked out by the contents of your face wash? Make your own! This soothing lavender cleanser is sure to relax you, and will fit in perfectly with your nightly routine. (via Blah Blah Magazine)
5. Dandelion Lotion Bars: Who knew weeds had skin benefits? Pick those dandelions growing rampant in your yard and make lotion bars that are sunny yellow and sure to give you super smooth skin. (via The Nerdy Farm Wife)
6. Beauty Sleep Body Spray: Sometimes getting enough shut-eye to look good can be tough. Ease your way to sleep with this spray featuring lavender, a scent that’s known to promote relaxation. (via Hello Natural)
10. Geranium Hair Serum: Tame split ends and dry hair with this serum containing essential oils that we didn’t even know were essential. Swapping out your product of choice for this spray will do your hair some serious favors. (via Sarah DiGrazia)
11. Orange Chamomile Face Mist: Calm skin with chamomile, which is known to combat redness and inflammation. This DIY only requires four ingredients, officially making it a no-fuss project. (via The Chic Site)
13. Homemade Herbal and Floral Steam Facials: Open up pores and keep skin clear with this luxurious facial you can DIY at home. Free People’s got a blend for each skin type, so head on over and pick the combo best suited for you. (via Free People Blog)
17. Lavender and Lemon Oatmeal Mask: Oatmeal is more than just a yummy breakfast. Along with lavender, it packs a serious skin care punch. Use weekly for crystal clear skin. (via Essentially Eclectic)
18. Refreshing Face Mists: Trying to take a more holistic approach to dealing with freaked-out skin? Make these face mists to deal with any facial curveballs that get thrown your way. (via DesignLoveFest)
What have you repurposed for the sake of your skin? Tell us about it in the comments!