It’s a… Surprise! The Best Baby Gifts (For a Boy OR a Girl!)
Blake Lively and hottie hubs Ryan Reynolds want their baby’s gender to be a… surprise (gasp!). Let’s be honest, most of us thought that idea was, well, a bit old school — until now. Suddenly, choosing between pink or blue onesies doesn’t seem as exciting as a baby surprise. If you’ve decided Blake’s gender-surprise idea is now novel, we’ve dug up some fab baby finds you can shop for before you know whether your lil surprise is a boy or girl.
1. Shearling Convertible Bundler ($55): Baby it’s cold outside… but not if your baby is bundled up in this sherpa-lined shearling!
2. Wise Guys Organic Swaddles ($55): Welcome your little one into the world of organic softness. These pretty prints will keep your baby comfortable and stylish into the toddler years.
3. Svan Signet Complete High Chair ($213): Finally, a beautiful baby chair that will actually complement your home decor. This award-winning adjustable high chair is crafted to meet baby’s needs at every stage.
4. Timi & Leslie Charlie Diaper Bag ($160): Stow away all those baby essentials in a chic and stylish bag. Celebrities such as Jessica Alba and Pink have been spotted toting this Timi & Leslie baby bag, proving it’s a mommy must-have.
5. MammaRoo ($229): It’s the next best thing to mamma’s arms. Cuddling baby is so much fun, but every mom needs a break sometimes.
7. Polar Bear Faux Fur Plush Rocker ($169): Move over, horses. Polar bears are the new it rocking animal. Okay, maybe not, but wouldn’t this look perfect in your baby’s nursery?
8. Baby Pibu Newborn Essentials Skincare Kit ($98): Babies have the softest skin on the planet, and we want to keep it that way. Developed by a dermatologist mom, Baby Pibu skincare has been featured on NBC and CBS and comes highly rated by moms everywhere.
9. Pom Pom Mobile ($160): Awww, so sweet. Even Gwyneth Paltrow admitted that she couldn’t resist this fluffy pom pom mobile — who can?
10. Animal Hooded Towel ($39): Because every kid needs to experience the joy of a hooded animal towel.
11. Modern Crib Sheets ($55): These modern geometric sheets are oh-so-stylish and printed in an eco-friendly way. We think Blake would approve.
12. Born Free Bottle ($17): Choosing the perfect bottle is kind of a big deal. Celebrity moms Guiliana Rancic, Jessica Alba and Sandra Bullock have all embraced the Born Free, which is 100 percent recyclable and BPA-free.
13. Kneatly Knit Large Storage Bags ($49): These knit bags are a fun and practical place to store all those blankets and bottles and balls. Because babies come with a lot of stuff.
14. Beaba Pro 2x Baby Food Maker ($200): Making baby’s food from scratch doesn’t have to be difficult. Here’s a product that cooks and purees at the same time.
15. Sherpa Booties ($17): Keep tiny tootsies toasty with these sherpa booties. Wait, are these available in adult sizes too?
16. Wee Workout Baby Gym ($63): Babies need to work out, too. P.S. We totally want the fur blanket/rug.
17. Orbit Baby Stroller G2 ($600): A bit pricey, yes, but it’s made with eco-safe fabric and materials and features a UV sunshade that will protect your baby from the sun’s harsh rays.
18. Baby Long-Sleeve One-Pieces ($60): Half the fun of having a baby is dressing them up and showing them off. These onesies are the perfect basics for layering under any cute clothing ensemble.
19. Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier ($141): When it comes to baby-wearing devices, Baby Bjorn is in its own class. This carrier is one of the most coveted baby items among moms everywhere.
20. Duux Air Purifier ($39): Baby will spend a lot of time in the nursery those first few months, and you want the air to be as pure as possible. The Duux is a top seller and comes with an added bonus that’s sure to help with those late-night feedings: a nightlight.
21. Play Cube ($499): Oh, the possibilities. Your kiddos will enjoy years of play in a wooden cube that instantly becomes a fort, reading nook, castle or whatever magical hideaway their little hearts can imagine.
Are you keeping your baby’s gender a surprise? Talk with us in the comments about your must-have baby essentials that will work for baby boy OR girl.