17 Must-Have Beauty Essentials for Your Gym Bag
Going to the gym isn’t as easy as just showing up and exercising. Not only do you have to be equipped with the right clothes and tools to work out, but you also have to pack your entire post-gym life and beauty regimen into one little bag to take with you. We picked out 17 must-have items to keep in your snazzy gym bag that won’t weigh you down. Whether you’re a runner, a yogi or queen of the elliptical, these beauty essentials will keep you looking and feeling fresh before, during and after your workout.
1. Lip And Cheek Stain ($30): To save time and space in your bag, pack a two-in-one color for lips and cheeks that will naturally enhance your post-workout glow.
2. Clean and Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes ($7): These wipes instantly lift away all traces of oil, dirt and even waterproof mascara without drying you out. In one easy step, your skin is left perfectly clean and refreshed with no oily residue, so there’s no need to rinse.
3. Dry Shampoo ($8): It’s completely possible that you’ll be a hot mess after a hard workout, so your hair will definitely need a pick-me-up. Try using a dry shampoo to get some volume back and to help mop up the sweat.
4. Tinted Moisturizer ($15): If you’re heading outdoors to exercise, don’t leave home without protecting your skin! This SPF 30 tinted moisturizer works extra hard to give you sheer coverage, even your skin tone and blend away imperfections.
5. Hand Sanitizer ($2): After touching all that germy gym equipment, you’ll be ready to disinfect with some deliciously scented sanitizer.
7. Shine Control Blotting Sheets ($7): Reduce shine and remove excess oil without drying your skin or messing up your makeup.
8. Deodorant ($7): It’s an obvious one, but your day can easily be ruined if you forget deodorant. We like this motion sense stick for workouts that are extra sweaty and super intense.
9. Spray Moisturizer ($8): When you’re dripping wet, the last thing you want to do is rub lotion into your skin. This spray moisturizer absorbs quickly for a non-greasy feel, and requires no rubbing at all.
10. Mini Perfume ($11): A mini fragrance will give you a scent boost to carry you through the rest of your day. This fresh, herbal scent by Lush features spearmint, tarragon and thyme for a clean and natural smell.
11. Exfoliating Wash ($15 and up): A great time to exfoliate is after a solid sweat. This wash does an awesome job of digging deep to clear away blackheads and dirt.
12. Moisturizer Serum ($13): Most of us tend to skip serum and just slap on some moisturizer before heading to the office. By using a two-in-one serum and cream, though, you can get maximum skincare benefits with minimal effort.
14. Waterproof Mascara ($18): Stay glamorous throughout your workout and in the steamy locker rooms with a durable, waterproof mascara.
15. Body and Shine Shampoo ($38): We always appreciate complimentary supplies, but the free shampoo and conditioner at the gym are not always the top-notch quality we’re after. This little kit gets you sleek and shiny post-workout hair in hardly any time at all.
16. Eye Pencil ($5): These waterproof pencils can be used as eyeliner or eyeshadow for a pop of color before you head back out into the world.
17. Body Mist ($24): A lightly fragranced body mist is a must after a hard gym sesh. This body wash packs skin brighteners, hydrators and clarifiers into one convenient can with a light, refreshing scent.
Will you be adding any of these beauty essentials to your gym bag? What are your post-workout must-haves? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!