20 of the Best Comic-Con 2015 Costumes to Pin for Halloween Inspo
Comic-Con 2015 was all about girl power. Thanks to the increasing number of female heroines in comic books and movies, strong female characters made up half of the wacky and wonderful costumes at #SDCC. From female Thor to fiercely feminine Mad Max characters, these girls definitely don’t need saving. So whether you want to dress up as a princess or a warrior, these ladies have got the whole badass costume thing nailed, and we’re taking lots of DIY notes for when Halloween 2015 rolls around.
1. Three Chewie’s Angels: Star Wars takes a pastel turn with this awesome trio calling themselves Chewie’s Angels. With enough faux fur and a little spray paint, this costume wouldn’t be too hard to DIY. (via IB Times)
3. Sylvanas Windrunner: Get your WoW (World of Warcraft) on with a little undead warrior action next Halloween. While the purple warrior princess armor might take some expert DIY skills, the maroon cape and horns will be a cinch. (via @mtv)
4. Sharknado: A new Sharknado show was just announced, meaning that the shark fans were out in packs, err shoals. Or is it schools? Either way, if you can hunt down a shark mask and a shiny silver bodycon dress, your Halloween costume this year will be killer. (via San Diego Union Tribune)
7. Woodland Fairy: We’re not sure if this character is the trickster Pan or a mystical fairy, but we love the earthy vibes she’s giving off. Chalk your hair to get those bright green hues, DIY a flower crown and have fun with face paint and jewels for a delicate, pretty look. How about those purple eyebrows? (via Matt Cowan/ Getty Images)
11. Sadness: We have no doubt that we are going to see a lot of costumes inspired by Inside Out this year. And luckily Halloween is during a pretty cold time of year, so you can just bundle up in a sweater and still have a “hot” costume. (via PopSugar)
13. Mad Max Tribe: Talk about fierce! These Mad Max girls are as tough as it gets. Get the look with dark, smudgy eyes, a neutral lip and some seriously messy hair. Leather corset is optional. (via San Diego Union Tribune)
14. Circus Zombies: You can’t go wrong with a good zombie costume. These zombies at SDCC were on point with just enough blood to be scary and just enough fashion sense to be super stylish. (via @senuval)
15. Mera: Say no thank you to the mermaid tail and grab a trident instead for a powerful Aquagirl outfit. We might still go for some cool blue mermaid makeup though. Ya know, just to show off that pastel eyeshadow. (via IO9)
18. Edward Scissorhands: We never thought of Scissorhands as sexy, but with those strong cheekbones and vampy lip, this macabre costume totally satisfies our Halloween requirements. (via San Diego Union Tribune)
20. Imperator Furiosa from Mad Max: Channel your post-apocalyptic Charlize Theron with this easy-as-a-tube-of-black-face-paint costume. If you aren’t feeling like giving yourself a buzz cut, some slicked back hair will do the trick. (via @mtv)
What’s your favorite costumes from Comic-Con? Getting any ideas for Halloween? Tell us what you’re loving in the comments below!