Even though our trick-or-treating days are long behind us, we’re always looking for new ways to celebrate Halloween. Whether we’re pulling together a last-minute costume, going to a local event to celebrate, or cooking up a wickedly indulgent dessert, the spookiest day of the year is still a big part of our lives. And now that HobNob has two wines specifically catered to All Hallow’s Eve, it’s easier than ever to get down with the ghosts on October 31. Especially when you add some candy to the mix.
HobNob’s seasonal offerings include a red and a white. Their Wicked Red Blend, which retails for a suggested $11.99, is a fruit-forward bottle, while the Wicked Chardonnay, also $11.99, is a crisp white. The labels are decorative enough to help set the scene for any spooky soiree, and you can even pair them and other wines with candy for an adults-only Halloween hangout.
Their pairing suggestions include:
- HobNob Wicked Chardonnay & Candy Corn: The crisp white wine with honey aromas pairs perfectly with the sweetness of candy corn.
- HobNob Wicked Red Blend & M&M’s: Notes of hazelnut and mocha pair with the chocolate bite-sized Halloween favorite.
- Josh Cellars Pinot Noir & Snickers: Peanut and chocolate meld well with the saltiness of the nuts bringing out the rich flavors of the wine.
- Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon & Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bar: The big tannins in the Cab can withstand the semi-sweet bitterness of the dark chocolate, while the berry flavor of the wine brings out the raspberry from the bar.
- Enza Prosecco & White Chocolate: A sparkling wine with crisp, citrus flavors lets the white chocolate become the hero in this pairing.
Whatever you’re planning this Halloween, chances are a bottle of festive wine and a side of candy will make it even more of a blast. Because the only thing scarier than ghosts, ghouls, and goblins is missing out on all of those seasonal treats.
For more haunted Halloween inspiration, follow us on Pinterest.
(Photo via Jamie Street/Unsplash)