What to Make This Weekend: Blake’s Bouquet, a Light-Up Headboard + More
Is it just us, or does it feel like the holidays haven’t stopped since Thanksgiving? With Easter (and those copious amounts of chocolate) behind us, take a break from the festive-themed DIYs this weekend and just focus on a few that will make your life and home a little more fun. From a floral arranging hack to an ultra-easy wardrobe rack, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Grocery Store Floral Arranging Hack: Are you always ogling over the gorgeous floral displays on Pinterest, but not so sure how to make one yourself? Well ,you’re in luck. Our resident floral expert Roxy Tagavian teaches you how to create stunning arrangements from grocery store bouquets. (via Brit + Co)
2. Scrap Material Loom: Don’t be intimidated by the woven wall art that’s been popping up all over the web. You don’t need any fancy materials to get started. In fact, you probably already have everything you need to make a loom. Check out this tutorial that teaches you how to make one out of random bits and bobs from around the house. (via Super + Super)
3. Anthropologie Wire Wall Organizer: If you’re up for a power tool kind of project, save yourself $120 by making this Anthro wall organizer at home. It’s not the quickest DIY in this roundup, but it’s going to do miracles for that messy entryway of yours. (via Brit + Co)
4. Imprinted Ring Dish: If you’re always losing your bobby pins and earrings, keep everything in one place by making one of these ceramic dishes. Add an extra decorative touch by imprinting it with a pattern of your choice. (via The Lovely Drawer)
5. Travel-Sized Makeup Kit: Save some space in that carry-on of yours and leave your makeup kit at home. Instead, bring your essentials and this miniature makeup brush set on your next getaway. The best part about this starry leather project? No sewing machine required. (via Brit + Co)
6. Light-Up Headboard: Whoa. Okay, we’re a little bit obsessed with this one. It’s definitely a multi-weekend project, but all that effort is going to be so worth it. Paint whatever slogan you like in black to make it look just as good during the day as it does at night. (via Call Me Fudge)
7. Easter Basket Upcycle: Don’t toss those Easter baskets back in storage until next year. Instead, use this tutorial to transform the festive decoration into a totally practical (not to mention adorable) bike accessory. (via François et Moi)
8. Embroidery Hoop Organizer: Looking for a simple sewing project? Grab a couple different fabrics to create this clever embroidery hoop hack that actually looks more like a decoration than an organizational tool. Now you won’t have to spend half your craft time looking for that always-disappearing seam ripper. (via Sew Delicious)
9. Tasseled Balloons: Everything is better when a little tassel action is involved. Whether you’re decorating for a birthday party or a wedding celebration, these fun party accessories are an easy way to spruce up the festive decor. (via Brit + Co)
10. Wooden Clothing Rack: Have a few pretty new wardrobe pieces you want to spotlight? Make them the centerpiece of your room with this SUPER easy project. Seriously, it will take you less than an hour. Add some extra flair by painting the wood or adding a little bit of washi tape. (via A Little Birdy Blog)
What are you planning to make this weekend? Share your DIY ideas with us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)