25 Dazzling Gem and Geode Decor DIYs
We love the collected, eclectic look that comes with adding natural elements like crystals and geodes into your home. And while you can’t go wrong with plants and flowers, gems and minerals add a certain positive vibe with shimmering textures, geometric shapes and cool colors. Believe it or not, it’s actually super easy to add a few pieces of gem decor into your #shelfie vignette or use them to update a piece of furniture. Whether you want the rugged look of geodes or some gilded agates, these 25 DIYs are sure to make a sparkly statement wherever you decide to display them.
1. Crystal-Topped Jewelry Box: Did you guys know you can grow your own crystals, no lab required? With just a few kitchen supplies, you can make some serious bling for only a couple dollars. (via Etsy)
3. Illustrated Gemstone Printable: Add some illustration bling to your gallery wall with this free printable. Plus, you might learn which jewel pieces you need to bring into your life for a boost of creativity and positive energy. (via Brit + Co)
4. Raw Crystal Necklace Display: We’re not sure which sparkles more: this necklace holder or your jewelry. Keep your necklaces organized in a super glam way with a couple of these easy DIY necklace racks. (via Minted)
8. Pyrite Paperweight: A little bit more rugged, this pyrite hack is a fun way to add some sparkle to your desk. The sparkly paperweight is easy on your wallet and on the eyes and will toughen up any desk. (via For the Makers)
10. Agate and Copper Sconce: You can’t go wrong with these pretty lights that combine two of our favorite things: gems and copper. On or off, these agate sconces look stunning. (via The Gathered Home)
11. Crystal Paperweights: The best part about making your own crystals is that you can make them in any color you want. Build a little geometric mold out of cardboard, let the crystals grow and then add some plaster of paris to add some weight. (via A Beautiful Mess)
13. Marbled Art: Looking for an inexpensive way to add some big pieces of statement art to your home? Head to the wallpaper section for a pretty piece that will only cost you a couple of dollars. (via Decor Fix)
14. Geode Jewelry Box: We’ve all drooled over those stunning druzy knobs at Anthropologie, but maybe it’s just not in the budget to buy 10 of them. Instead, make a fab jewelry box that still has the look without the hefty price tag. (via Transient Expression)
17. Mineral Photo Display: We love the way this little collection of gems looks. Pick out colorful minerals you like or just grab some rocks from the yard and give them a good coat of gold spray paint. This would also be a great photo display at a baby shower or wedding. (via A Beautiful Mess)
19. DIY Faux Crystals: We don’t care if they’re fake; we’re still getting some good vibes off these pretty gems. Proving that nail polish has more than one use, this DIY lets you have fun playing with colors and sparkle. (via Love Maegan)
21. Anthropologie Knock-Off Drawer Pulls: We’re always excited to find a good Anthro hack. If you can get your hands on some geodes, just add a screw to the back and find some drawers to update. (via Woods of Bell Trees)
22. Painted Watercolor Agate Slices: Imagine the satisfaction you’ll get when you add this gorgeous piece of art to your walls. And even if you’re not an artist, you can have fun painting these guys, because the less perfect they are the better they look. (via Persia Lou)
23. Indie Metallic Rocks: Have you fallen in love with the gold flash tattoo trend? If you can’t get enough of those metallic tattoos, you can start adding them to more than just your arm with this pretty DIY. (via Quiet Lion)
Do any of these gem DIYs rock your world? Tell us which ones you’re loving in the comments below!