The Most Pinned Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich Recipe
We love a good reason to use our Instant Pot and this French Dip sandwich is better than any we can think of this week. Juicy and delicious, it's comfort food at its best. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 pounds chuck roast, rested at room temperature for 15 minutes before searing
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced with the grain for sautéing
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 6 soft rolls (we used pretzel)
- 3 tablespoons of butter (or ghee), melted
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 6 slices cheese (like provolone or white cheddar)
Season the chuck roast with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, freshly ground pepper to taste, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder on all sides.
Add of ghee to the Instant Pot and press the Sauté button. Using a pair of long heat-proof kitchen tongs, sear roast on all sides in the Instant Pot.
Remove the seared roast from the Instant Pot and set aside.
Add the onions to the pot and sauté just until they start to soften. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up the seared bits from the bottom of the pot.
Add the red wine to the pot and let it simmer until it reduces by half.
Once wine has reduced, add in low-sodium beef broth and bay leaf .
Return the roast to the Instant Pot, close the lid, and set the pressure release valve to sealing. Hit the Meat/Stew button, and increase time to 100 minutes.
Cook until the timer runs out, then allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 25 minutes. After, turn the valve to venting to release any excess pressure.
Remove the lid and transfer the roast to a serving plate (or half sheet pan) and shred. Be sure to discard the strings on the side of the roast.
Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer and serve warm for dipping sandwiches. We skimmed the top with a spoon to remove some fat. You can either discard the onions or reserve them with the leftovers for a meaty French onion soup the next day.
Combine the melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and pinch of kosher salt in a small bowl.
Set the oven to broil, and place the sandwich rolls on a baking sheet. Brush butter over rolls (or inside them as we did to prevent greasy fingers), and toast 2-3 minutes, just until golden brown.
Pile the meat onto rolls and top with cheese. Return to the broiler and heat just until the cheese has started to melt.
Top the sandwiches with freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, and serve with warm au jus for dipping. We put the parsley into the au jus.
- This Instant Pot Indian Butter Chicken Recipe Can Be Yours in Less ... ›
- This Pressure-Cooker Ramekin Eggs Recipe Is Ready in Less Than ... ›
- This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Is Practically Magic ... ›
- This Easy, Weeknight Beef Stew Recipe Begins With Your Instant Pot ›
- Here's the Easiest (and Quickest) Way to Pressure Cook Chicken ... ›
- 19 Instant Pot Recipes for When You're Even Too Busy for a Slow ... ›
- This Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe Satisfies All of Your Summer Taco ... ›
- 56 Easy Pressure-Cooker Recipes Even a Beginner Can Make - Brit ... ›
- 45 Beginner Instant Pot Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners - Brit + ... ›
- The Perfect Roast Pork Loin + 8 Ways to Use the Leftovers ALL Week - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Fancy Sandwich Recipes Worthy of the Dinner Table - Brit + Co ›
- 24 Super Bowl Dip Recipes — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- Wine For Beginners: Myths Debunked by Sommeliers — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Delicious Recipes to Use Up Leftover Stock - Brit + Co ›