The Most Pinned Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich Recipe
We love a good reason to use our Instant Pot and this French Dip sandwich is better than any we can think of this week. Juicy and delicious, it's comfort food at its best. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 pounds chuck roast, rested at room temperature for 15 minutes before searing
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced with the grain for sautéing
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 6 soft rolls (we used pretzel)
- 3 tablespoons of butter (or ghee), melted
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 6 slices cheese (like provolone or white cheddar)
Season the chuck roast with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, freshly ground pepper to taste, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder on all sides.
Add of ghee to the Instant Pot and press the Sauté button. Using a pair of long heat-proof kitchen tongs, sear roast on all sides in the Instant Pot.
Remove the seared roast from the Instant Pot and set aside.
Add the onions to the pot and sauté just until they start to soften. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up the seared bits from the bottom of the pot.
Add the red wine to the pot and let it simmer until it reduces by half.
Once wine has reduced, add in low-sodium beef broth and bay leaf .
Return the roast to the Instant Pot, close the lid, and set the pressure release valve to sealing. Hit the Meat/Stew button, and increase time to 100 minutes.
Cook until the timer runs out, then allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 25 minutes. After, turn the valve to venting to release any excess pressure.
Remove the lid and transfer the roast to a serving plate (or half sheet pan) and shred. Be sure to discard the strings on the side of the roast.
Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer and serve warm for dipping sandwiches. We skimmed the top with a spoon to remove some fat. You can either discard the onions or reserve them with the leftovers for a meaty French onion soup the next day.
Combine the melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and pinch of kosher salt in a small bowl.
Set the oven to broil, and place the sandwich rolls on a baking sheet. Brush butter over rolls (or inside them as we did to prevent greasy fingers), and toast 2-3 minutes, just until golden brown.
Pile the meat onto rolls and top with cheese. Return to the broiler and heat just until the cheese has started to melt.
Top the sandwiches with freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, and serve with warm au jus for dipping. We put the parsley into the au jus.
- This Instant Pot Indian Butter Chicken Recipe Can Be Yours in Less ... ›
- This Pressure-Cooker Ramekin Eggs Recipe Is Ready in Less Than ... ›
- This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Is Practically Magic ... ›
- This Easy, Weeknight Beef Stew Recipe Begins With Your Instant Pot ›
- Here's the Easiest (and Quickest) Way to Pressure Cook Chicken ... ›
- 19 Instant Pot Recipes for When You're Even Too Busy for a Slow ... ›
- This Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe Satisfies All of Your Summer Taco ... ›
- 56 Easy Pressure-Cooker Recipes Even a Beginner Can Make - Brit ... ›
- 45 Beginner Instant Pot Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners - Brit + ... ›
- The Perfect Roast Pork Loin + 8 Ways to Use the Leftovers ALL Week - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Fancy Sandwich Recipes Worthy of the Dinner Table - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)