10 More Kickstarter Projects You May Have Missed
Just because we’re heading into a long weekend doesn’t mean we don’t have room for a fresh batch of innovation, courtesy of our friends at Kickstarter. This month’s picks run the gamut from kids to tech with a dose of futuristic cooking in between.
1. Pocketable Bluetooth Keyboard: First up, the idea of a Bluetooth keyboard isn’t anything new, but the pocket-sized-need of this little doodad definitely sets it apart. We love all the colors available and the fact that you can actually keep it in your pocket. Great for travel when you’re communicating solely from your phone but still need to write a few longer form emails.
2. Spiceologist Block: This piece of kitchenware is ready to make all your spice organization dreams come true. Sure, you’ve seen spice racks before. What makes this one notable is that each block holds 22 spices and you can easily set up multiple blocks side by side without destroying the aesthetic of your kitchen. If anything, this spices logout block just might take your kitchen design up a notch!
3. LÜM Interactive T-Shirts: Now this might be on the almost-too-futuristic side, but these t-shirts let you write on them using a laser pointer, your iPhone’s flash, or LED light. The shirt is made of rare earth elements that have photo impression capabilities. We don’t totally get it, but we’re down to try it. Snag your own tank for $25.
4. Closca Foldable Bike Helmets: As biking becomes a more and more viable commuting option, all sorts of innovations are popping up in the world of wheels. We’ve seen a few takes on the foldable helmet in the past, but this one looks considerably more usable, versatile, and it comes in a whole bunch of colors! A pledge of $70 will get you first on the list to get your own foldable helmet.
5. Animal Stackers: These playful building blocks encourage more interaction than your typical set. They fit together in dozens of different ways and, since each one has an animal attached to it, can easily turn into toy characters.
7. Trophy Buffet: Everyone deserves a trophy, don’t you think? These random trophies are perfect for those things that just don’t come with a standard trophy or medal.
8. The Handleband: The Handleband turns your phone into what you already use it for: A map, flashlight, communication device, and camera. But this time, it runs seamlessly with your bike! You can track your ride in terms of location and distance, and it even acts as a bottle opener. It doesn’t cover your phone’s camera or light, meaning you snap photos easily and use the flashlight.
9. Codlo Sous-Vide Controller: This gadget for the shortcut chef makes sous-vide cooking easy. All you need to do is place your food ingredients into a bag, make it airtight, then plop it in a rice or slow cooker filled with water – Codlo does the rest and you only attend to it once it’s done.
10. The Question Block Lamp: How awesome is this? It’s a lamp based on video games! Relive your 8-bit glory days by punching this lamp to turn it on. You’ll see an adorable question mark light up as well as hearing those coin-winning sound effects you know and love.
Bonus points for weirdness! Cat Poncho: We love matching outfits for certain occasions, but a poncho for your cat that matches one you can wear too? Too weird.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.