16 Copycat Recipes for Your Favorite Junk Foods
Food can instantly transport you back to a different time and bring on a flood of memories. Whether it’s chicken noodle soup that reminds you of Gma or a batch of tamales that makes you feel right at home, food is definitely a powerful thing. Even the junk food we all love to hate has a place in our hearts. Maybe it’s that bag of Doritos or a pair of Twinkies that you just can’t resist. BUT, now you can indulge without worrying about the long list of ingredients you can’t pronounce. Here are 16 of the ultimate junk food dupes. Proceed with caution!
2. Fig Newtons: These are just like the ones you ate as a kid, only elevated. With a thick layer of real fig filling, a hint of orange zest and the same soft dough you remember, these will make the memories come rushing back. (via Food 52)
7. Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts: With none of the artificial ingredients but all of the cinnamon goodness in a flaky pastry crust, these homemade Pop Tarts will make your mornings that much easier. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
8. Fudge Stripe Cookies: After one bite of this super simple recipe, you’ll never buy the store-bought version again. (via Ambrosia Baking)
9. Hostess Cupcakes: There’s just something about that swirly white icing that makes us feel like a kid again. The thick layer of chocolate and creamy filling here takes things to a whole other level. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
15. Cheese-Its: Everyone’s favorite crunchy, cheese-flavored crackers are the perfect recipe for a rainy day. Get the little ones involved and turn it into a fun afternoon activity. (via A Golden Afternoon)
What are the ultimate junk foods in your book? Are any of them on this list? Drop us a line!