15 Celebrities Who Are Lefties
Although only around 10 percent of the population identifies as left-handed, many of our fave celebs fall into the category. Maybe the fact that they’ve worked to overcome lefty struggles their entire lives (spiral notebooks, right-handed scissors) helps them become such major makers and shakers? Whatever the case, their left handedness makes them special and amazing. In honor of Left Handers’ Day, we’re giving a shoutout to some of our favorite lefty stars.
1. Jennifer Lawrence: With her wit and off-kilter sense of humor, it’s no wonder our girl JLaw is part of the lefty club. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
2. Justin Bieber: This YouTube sensation turned mega pop star strums the guitar with his left hand. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
3. Oprah: The original #girlboss herself is a rare breed indeed. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. + 5. Goldie Hawn + Kate Hudson: Like mother, like daughter. These two babes have more than just DNA in common. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
6. Jon Stewart: The man who made fake news better than the real thing signs his signature with the left hand. (Photo via Brad Barket/Getty)
7. Lady Gaga: Arguably the most creative dresser of all time, Lady Gaga uses the right side of her brain to whip up those totally bizarre and awesome getups. (Photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)
8. Spike Lee: Our favorite creative director and all-around badass takes his notes lefty-style. (Photo via Brad Barket/Getty)
9. Naya Rivera: This former Glee star and mom-to-be is a member of the #LeftiesRule gang. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
10. + 11. Brad Pitt + Anjelina Jolie: This power duo proves that the couple that writes lefty together, stays together. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
12. David Bowie: Whether he’s Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane or Jareth the Goblet King, Bowie is always lefty and proud of it. (Photo via Graham Wood/Getty)
13. Prince William: Many political leaders of late — Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and even our girlhood crush Prince William — must worry about smudging ink when they sign those important documents. (Photo via Chris McGrath/Getty)
14. Sarah Jessica Parker: We’re sure our girl SJP’s killer style is a result of her handedness. (Photo via Mireya Acierto/Getty)
15. Seth Rogen: From his comedic genius to his lovable face, it makes total sense that our favorite funny guy is a lefty. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
Are you a lefty? Or do you know of any other left-handed celebs? Let us know in the comments below.