10 Low-Carb Sandwiches to Pack for Lunch This Week
There are tons of great low-carb lunch ideas out there, but sometimes you just need a sandwich. You’re in luck, ’cause each of these 10 selections can be thrown together in the morning and they’ll still be delicious come lunch hour. Whether you’re craving a wrap made from lettuce or other greens or prefer something closer to the usual slice of bread, we have you covered here.
1. Slow Cooker Curried Chicken Tacos With Avocado Crema: The slow cooker curried chicken can hold its own at dinnertime, but works equally well assembled into these tasty, tortilla-free tacos any time of day. (via Healthy Nibbles + Bits)
3. Thai Zucchini and Cucumber Noodle Collard Green Wraps With Almond Butter Sauce (Vegan): The real star here is the tangy, sweet-savory, Thai-inspired almond butter spread. Snuggled up against a collard leaf and a melange of spiralized veggies, every bite packs a ton of flavor. (via Inspiralized)
5. Roast Beef Apple Sandwiches: Roast beef, bacon, hard-boiled eggs (or avocado if you prefer) and basil pesto work amazingly well sandwiched together between two apple slices. (via Hold the Grain)
6. Raw Vegetable Nori Rolls (Raw, Paleo): Sheets of toasted seaweed (nori) are a sublime wrapper for more than just sushi. With a scrumptious, creamy sauce served alongside for dipping, these radish-, spinach- and sprouts-stuffed rolls really sing. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
7. Waffle Sandwiches (Paleo): Fill these grain-free waffles with your favorite fixin’s. As a nice bonus, any leftover “bread” can be frozen and simply toasted to defrost. (via Hold the Grain)
8. Collard Wraps With Satay-Style Dipping Sauce: Between the selection of fruit used and the coco-nutty satay-style sauce, these wraps serve up a generous helping of tropical flavors. Talk about a great way to brighten up your afternoon. (via The Healthy Foodie)
9. Quick Chicken Salad in Homemade Pita (Gluten-Free): A 50-50 mix of mayo and Greek yogurt lightens up this easy chicken salad without sacrificing anything in the flavor department. It’s delicious stuffed into low-carb pita pockets, lettuce wraps or even hollowed-out tomatoes. (via Gluten-Free Fix)
10. Chicken, Avocado and Mango Rolls: Thin strips of daikon radish make an unexpectedly awesome wrapper for these rolls. Despite being inspired by a dish served at a posh establishment, they’re actually a breeze to throw together at home. (via Every Last Bite)
Share your favorite low-carb sandwich ideas with us in the comments!