Blue Ivy’s got bars and Ben Affleck’s got a new love interest in this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below in the TGIF Morning Buzz!
1. JAY-Z’s new album 4:44 just became available on other major streaming services after being exclusive to his own Tidal service for a week, and there’s a new bonus track that has people talking about more than the album’s personal subject matter. On “Blue’s Freestyle/We Family,” the eldest Carter daughter lets loose, and drops fire lines like “Never seen a ceiling in my whole life.” Is Blue already smashing the glass ceiling?! She follows it up with “Everything I seen, everything is rotten,” which, also, whoa. Twitter is, naturally, freaking out over her flow, responding with only the best GIFs and claims that she’ll be taking home the BET Award for Best Female Hip Hop Artist Award next year. LOL.
2. Ben Affleck is reportedly dating Saturday Night Live producer Lindsay Shookus. After officially filing for divorce from Jennifer Garner in April, Affleck is said to have a new girl in his life, according to E!. Shookus is a producer at SNL, which Affleck has hosted five times, and the two have reportedly been spending time together in London and, this week, in LA. Affleck has remained amicable with his ex Garner through their separation and divorce, and the two remain committed co-parents to their three children. (h/t E!)
3. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee’s wife, Joan Lee, has died. Joan died Thursday at the age of 93 after suffering a stroke earlier in the week and being hospitalized, according to the Hollywood Reporter. “I can confirm the sad news that Joan Lee passed away this morning quietly and surrounded by her family,” a spokesperson for Stan Lee and his family said in a statement to the outlet. Marvel paid tribute to Joan upon hearing the news, saying, “We lost a member of the Marvel family today and our thoughts and prayers go out to Stan and his daughter Joan in this difficult time.” Lee recently told THR that the pair met when he was supposed to take her friend on a date. They were married for 69 years. (h/t THR, photo via Mark Mainz/Getty)
4. Lena Dunham is not happy after an animal shelter disputed her story about her troubled dog. Dunham recently revealed to fans that she had to rehome her beloved pup Lamby after years of behavioral issues that were too much for her to properly handle, but a spokesperson for the shelter where she adopted the dog told Yahoo that Dunham’s claims about the dog’s past owner history and descriptions of its behavior were inaccurate. Dunham responded on Instagram, posting a portrait of the dog that now lives in a professional facility in LA and saying the shelter was not “present in my home nor did they live with him for an extended period. They did not witness the consistent and responsible care I provided.” Dunham went on to say that, of many “micro-scandals” she’s been involved in, the shelter’s claim “hurts MOST, because of the vulnerability of letting people know Lamby and my story, and because I miss him so damn much.” (h/t Yahoo)
5. This couple’s Starbucks proposal will make you believe in true romance. Esther Havens and Austin Mann spent much of the early days of their relationship travelling for their jobs, so the two developed and adorable routine of leaving each other cute notes and buying drinks for the other in airport Starbucks locations. When Mann decided he wanted to propose to Havens, he decided to go back to their roots at the Amsterdam airport Starbucks, with a note pointing her to pick up a preordered drink at the bar. But when she turned around, Mann was waiting on one knee, where he popped the question. Um, cannot handle the cute. If nothing else, this proposal truly highlights the power of the almighty coffee. Is there anything it can’t do?! (h/t Delish, photo via Starbucks)
6. Quote of the day: “In reality art is always for everyone and for no one.” Writer Eugenio Montale reminds us all to follow our own path.
What did you think of Blue Ivy’s rap? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)