Morning Buzz! Katy Perry Won MAJOR Girlfriend Points for Bringing This Surprise Guest to Orlando Bloom’s Birthday + More
Some epic birthday parties and the meme you need to get through the week lead this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below.
1. A newly blonde Katy Perry threw the strangest and most fun-looking surprise party for her boo Orlando this weekend, where guests wore Orlando’s face on their sweatsuits and his cake had a life-sided owl topper on it. But the BEST part was the guest list. We’re not even talking about the Jennifer Anistons or Cara Delevingnes — no, Katy arranged for Orlando’s mom to make an appearance, a move that was clearly the highlight for him as well. “Best gift ever surprise visit from me mum,” he captioned a photo of a mother-son squeeze. Awwww. Well played, Katy!
2. And speaking of amazing bday parties thrown for S.O.s, Miley doubled down on her sweet bday message to Liam Hemsworth and threw him a party with a weed bar. We’d expect nothing else. It also happened to be a, ahem, joint birthday for Miley’s sister, Noah.
3. The police report from Kim Kardashian’s Paris robbery outlines disturbing new details. Just days after charges were laid against four suspects in Kim’s robbery, and as she’s off in Dubai on her first major outing since the October incident, her interview with the police that took place immediately following the robbery has leaked. Published in French paper Le Journal du Dimanche, the interview tells in great detail what happened — and outlines just how horrifying it truly must have been. “They grabbed me and took me to the entrance hall. I was wearing a bathrobe, naked underneath. We then went back to the room and they pushed me onto the bed. That’s when they tied me with plastic cables and sticky tape on the hands, then they taped my mouth and legs. They carried me to my bathroom, to my bathtub to be precise,” she says. Read the entire thing at WWD. (Photo via E!)
4. Aaron Rodgers’ family share some heartbreaking insight into their family’s difficult dynamic. Back when NFL star Aaron Rodgers’ brother Jordan shared some of his family’s problems with JoJo Fletcher on The Bachelorette, we got only a small glimpse into some of the problems they faced, and in a new interview, their dad Ed sheds a little more light on it. “Fame can change things,” he said to the New York Times, adding that it’s sometimes difficult to tell where they all stand with each other. A too-common situation. (Photo via Joe Robbins/Getty)
5. The latest Biden/Obama memes will help you through Blue Monday. Remember when Obama surprised Biden with the Presidential Medal of Freedom? It’s now the source of many, many memes (typical!) like the above. And we can’t get enough.
6. Quote of the day: “Real life: I took this photo 8 days post birth. I left the hospital looking 5 months pregnant. Many people think a woman should shrink right back to her pre-birth weight immediately. That is just not the truth for most. The female body is incredible and resilient, but healing and strengthening take time.” Petra Murgatroyd gets real about post-baby bodies and expectations.
Do you think women need to go easier on themselves on post-baby body expectations? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)