Kim Kardashian is all smiles and Lady Gaga has no time for your body shaming in this morning’s top news items. Check those and more out below.
1. When Kim Kardashian returned to social media earlier this year, her photos and videos felt much more low-key and more family-focused than ever before. In the newest batch of pics uploaded to her website, Kim is sharing snaps from her recent Costa Rica getaway, and is looking happier than we’ve seen her in months. Surrounded by tropical beauty and in what looks to be a luxurious infinity pool, it’s when Kim is playing and splashing around with her son Saint that she looks at her happiest. It’s SO nice to see.
2. Lady Gaga has zero time for people who body shamed her at the Super Bowl. Lady Gaga’s halftime show was a massive undertaking, and it’s safe to say that many were just as impressed as we were by not only the music, but her crazy aerial stunts. Of course, there are bound to be critics too, and when jokes about Lady Gaga’s body (some made fun of her stomach sticking out of her sparkly bodysuit, which is the most ridiculous thing ever — have people never heard of skin?) made their way back to her, she had no time for it. “I heard my body is a topic of conversation,” she starts in her Instagram caption, “so I wanted to say, I’m proud of my body and you should be proud of yours too. No matter who you are or what you do. I could give you a million reasons why you don’t need to cater to anyone or anything to succeed. Be you, and be relentlessly you. That’s the stuff of champions..” YAAAS. (Photo via Ronald Martinez/Getty)
3. Britney Spears’ niece is reportedly awake and talking now. After learning the scary and sad details surrounding Jamie Lynn Spears’ daughter’s ATV accident, it’s so incredible to hear that Maddie is on the mend. “With her father, mother and stepfather by her side, Maddie regained consciousness midday Tuesday, Feb. 7,” her hospital told People in a statement that was provided by the family. “Maddie continues to receive oxygen and is being monitored closely but it appears that she has not suffered any neurological consequences from the accident.” PRAISE HANDS!
4. Kylie Jenner shared a sneak peek of her cosmetic store and people are LOSING IT. Kylie is set to open her second cosmetics pop-up store in NYC on February 13, and when she tweeted the first pic of it, fans could naturally not even handle it. Some begged her to fly them to NYC, while others simply resorted to the classic all-caps “I CAN’T WAIT.” The all-pink exterior looks perf for Valentine’s and Galentine’s, and there’ll no doubt be lineups for days.
5. This website that mashes up hits from the 2000s is the perfect workday distraction. Did you ever wish you could hear Nelly’s “Country Grammar” mixed with Avril Lavigne’s “Complicated?” No? Well, too bad, because we just made a perfect mashup of it on The Magic iPod, and we’re gonna have it on loop all day. (Image via The Magic iPod)
6. Quote of the day: “After reviewing the good conduct of Pam, I have decided to lift the now 11-year ban. Pam is an inspiration to many and we welcome her with open arms.” The President of Chili’s has released a statement lifting a ban on Pam Beesly, AKA Jenna Fischer, that started in an episode of The Office when Pam got too drunk and got kicked out. LOL.
Have you ever been kicked out of a bar or restaurant? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)