Morning Buzz! Sony Cuts Ties With Dr. Luke Amid the Ongoing Kesha Legal Battle + More
Dr. Luke gets the boot and Serena Williams gets candid about marriage in this morning’s top news tidbits. Check those and more out below.
1. It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything in the ongoing (and often heartbreaking) sexual abuse legal battle between Kesha and producer Dr. Luke, but now it looks like their label is trying to distance itself from the producer. New court documents show that Dr. Luke “is no longer the CEO of Kemosabe Records [Dr. Luke’s imprint label through Sony] and does not have authority to act on its behalf.” The Hollywood Reporter also points out that Dr. Luke’s page on the Sony Music website no longer exists. Kesha as recently as last week has filed another appeal to end her legally binding contracts with Dr. Luke. (h/t The Hollywood Reporter; photo via Michael Kovac/Getty)
2. Married at First Sight star and Bachelor alum Jamie Otis is having a little girl! Otis and her husband Doug Hehner are thrilled to be pregnant again after losing a baby boy four months into her previous pregnancy. She tells People that while she’s first and foremost happy to be having a healthy pregnancy, having a little girl has its own excitement too. “I secretly hoped to be a mommy to a little girl and to have a little mini me.” Congrats to the growing family!
3. Serena Williams admits that she was angry when Alexis Ohanian proposed to her. In a TED Talk convo with Gayle King, Williams says that she’s always loved her freedom and career and didn’t necessarily think of herself as the marrying type, and when Reddit co-founder Ohanian proposed, she was actually angry about it. “It was right in the middle of my training season and I thought, ‘I have to win the Australian Open,'” she admitted to King, going on to say that all she was focused on was passing Steffi Graf’s record. She also admitted that she posted the famous pregnancy Snapchat totally by accident. “You know how social media is — you press the wrong button and [shrugs].” Sounds like she’s already got the parents-on-social-media part down! (via TED)
4. Beyoncé and Jay Z’s reported new home is just a very casual Bel Air mansion with bulletproof windows. According to Page Six, the pair have put in a bid on a sprawling $120 million mansion that has eight bedrooms, four pools, and, yep, bulletproof windows. It sounds like they’ve got their hearts set on it — they’re reportedly already looking at private kindergartens in the area for Blue Ivy. (h/t Page Six)
5. You can now get your very own fake dirty, muddy jeans from Nordstrom for a cool $425. Maybe we can layer these under our clear jeans? Just really get every weird denim trend in all at once! (h/t Mashable)
6. Quote of the day: “They saved my life.” Brie Larson gushes to Vanity Fair about her #girlsquad, Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence, who she says helped her through her early days of fame.
Do your besties save your butt every day? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Michael Kovac/Getty)