Morning Buzz! Vogue Under Fire for Featuring Karlie Kloss as a Geisha + More
From Vogue’s misstep to Maddie Spears’ recovery, check out six of today’s top news items below.
Karlie for Vogue US – March 2017 pic.twitter.com/Pbo9rssT8p
— bestkkpics (@bestkkpics) February 14, 2017
1. In its most recent issue, Vogue‘s cover features a plus-sized model (Ashley Graham), as well as models of various color, including its first-ever Asian model on the cover, and claims to “celebrate modern American women.” A photo shoot inside, however, features Karlie Kloss as a Geisha, which seems to undermine the issue’s mission. NY Mag points out that the shoot is “likely an homage to Richard Avedon’s shoot of German model Veruschka von Lehndorff that appeared in Vogue in 1966.” Vogue has not yet commented on the controversy.
View this post on Instagram
Maddie isn't quite ready to return to school, but her doctors did clear her to bring in her Valentine's Day treats to her class today. Thanks to @avery and @hersheycompany for making these treats for her to pass out, since I didn't have the time to make any myself this year. It made her so happy to see her friends, and be able to give them such cute treats. It was a great moment for us after everything that has happened. We are so thankful to celebrate Valentine's Day with the ones we love, and we don't take a second of it for granted ❤️Happy Valentine's Day❤️
A post shared by Jamie Lynn Spears (@jamielynnspears) on
2. Jamie Lynn Spears’ daughter returned to school after her ATV accident for a special Valentine’s Day. After a terrifying ATV accident that left her in the hospital, Maddie Spears, the eight-year-old neice of Britney Spears, is not only out of the hospital, but was given the doc’s okay to deliver candy to her classmates for Valentine’s Day. “Maddie isn’t quite ready to return to school, but her doctors did clear her to bring in her Valentine’s Day treats to her class today,” Jamie Lynn captioned the adorable pic. “We are so thankful to celebrate Valentine’s Day with the ones we love, and we don’t take a second of it for granted.” SO happy to see her on the mend.
North and Saint West gave Chrissy Teigen’s daughter Luna the best V-Day present and we’re totally jealous.publicly being the cutest Valentine’s Day couple ever, we were getting burgers at a drive through and eating them hurriedly in the car. But more importantly, Chrissy Teigen Snapchatted the unwrapping of the teeniest, cutest pair of Yeezys, sent to Luna from North and Saint West with a card that read, “Luna — Happy Valentine’s Day beautiful baby girl!” Why don’t we have more famous babies as friends this is not fair. (Photo via Chrissy Teigen/Snapchat)
More of President Trump’s associates reportedly had “repeated” contact with Russia.resigned for communicating with Russia before the inauguration, the New York Times reports that members of President Trump’s 2016 campaign as well as other associates had “repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials” in the year before the election. President Trump has responded, as he does, on Twitter, claiming the “real” story is that these leaks are happening at all and brushes it off as “non-sense.” (Photo via Drew Angerer/Getty)
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.