Morning Buzz! 6 Things You Need to Click This AM: Nicky Hilton’s Stylish Baby Bump + More
It’s Friday, and you know what that means. Yes, yes, weekend, but you know what else? That’s right: tons of news to catch up on, from Nicky Hilton’s NYFW baby bump to an NSYNC reunion. We got you — with today’s Morning Buzz.
1. Prep those horn rims: A recent study finds that half the world could be nearsighted by the year 2050. The American Academy of Opthamology found that an estimated 22.9 percent of the world’s population had a hard time seeing at a distance in 2000 and, as Mental Floss reports, that figure is expected to go up up up in the coming decades. Thanks, genes!
2. Baby bump sighting!Nicky Hilton Rothschild and baby bump made a dual appearance at NYFW yesterday. The pair was spotted at the closing J.Mendel show, with the fashionably pregnant Nicky looking cute af in a body-hugging blue lace dress matched with nude pumps, a camel coat and — dare we say — a totally fierce glow. Slay, girl.
Back in the studio with this guy. The studio looks a bit familiar as well. pic.twitter.com/IeGKXvUl8K
— Chris Kirkpatrick (@IamCKirkpatrick) February 18, 2016
3. A new *NSYNC song is on its way. Members Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick made the announcement on Twitter yesterday that the two were in studio together preparing a track, and fellow bandmate Lance Bass left a cryptic note on Facebook last night that suggested he might be in on it too. JC, Justin, are ya in?!
4. Kristen Wiig as Hannibal Lecter is officially the creepiest. The latest installment of W Magazine’s Casting Call series is back, and while we loved the gender-swapped Clueless auditions, we don’t know how we feel about this one.
5. Olivia Wilde thinks sexism in Hollywood is an institutional problem. People reports that the House star revealed in an interview with The Edit: “People are now saying, ‘Listen, you need to hire women, specifically because they are women,’ and although that’s uncomfortable, it’s how things change.”
(Photos via Slaven Vasic + Ben Gabbe /Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)