Swooning over celebrity hair is all part of a day’s work here at Brit + Co (we know, we have it real tough), so when we type in the names of our most recent girl crushes into Google, what’s most likely to pop up once the space bar smacks after their surnames is “hair.” Whether we’re searching for the perfect statement braid or simply swooning over the prettiest messy styles, we comb through pages of photos until we’ve found the looks we want for our own locks — then nine times out of 10, hack the hairdo and share the how-to with you!
So needless to say, we were pumped when we read that InStyle had compiled a list of the most popular celebrity hairstyles of the year so far, according to Google. The most searchable hairstyle of them all? It belongs to Jennifer Aniston, who’s long layers have been all the rage for decades. Other highlights of the 20 style-strong list include epic chops like Jennifer Lawrence’s pixie cut and Beyoncé’s sultry bob, as well as Christina Hendricks’ sleek red strands and Taylor Swift’s always-perfect waves.
With so many stellar styles at our fingertips (kudos, InStyle!), we’re itching to DIY which hairdos YOU think are the cream of the crop. So scroll through the most covetable ‘dos below, and then leave the name of favorite celeb in the comments! We’ll turn your top three votes into easy-to-master tutorials that will leave you with A-list manes.
1. Beyoncé’s “Drunk in Love” Bob: Bey made waves (surfboard!) when she revealed her short ‘do. Learn how to make her crimps that served as the base for her wet hairdo during her now iconic Grammys performance of “Drunk in Love.”
2. Emma Stone’s Easy Lob: Emma’s perfected casual, but photo-ready hair — you could too! Learn how to style her effortless everyday lob.
3. Jennifer Aniston’s Long Layers: Jen will always be a go-to source of hair inspiration for layered haired ladies. Learn how she keeps her mane shinier and wispier than ever.
4. Zooey Deschanel’s Retro Fringe: Zooey’s thick curls stand up to her signature retro fringe. Gals with bangs, you’re gonna want to know her styling secrets!
5. Rihanna’s Tight Crop: Rihanna’s bold lips match her bold pixie cut (never mind the mullet here, folks). Short-haired girls, learn how to keep your strands sleek and edgy.
6. Jessica Alba’s Crimpy Ombre: Let’s all take a collective swoon at Jessica’s near perfect messy bob, shall we? Get that same kind of reaction with the DIY know-how.
7. Christina Hendricks’ Sleek Lob: Christina takes a more classic approach to the bob: sleek and sexy. Learn what it takes to tame your mane and keep it looking classy.
8. Jennifer Lawrence’s Styled Pixie: JLaw’s pixie cut was another chop that rocked the Twitter world — whether she wore it slicked down or swept up, it always wow-ed. Learn to to channel her modern look in a flash.
9. Taylor Swift’s Glamour Waves: We never get sick of staring at Taylor’s hair — so just be warned, once you have this glamorous ‘do, you WILL be taking a serious amount of selfies.
So, which celeb hairsdos do YOU want to learn how to style? Leave the name of the celeb with your favorite look in the comments below. We’ll turn the top three looks into DIY tutorials!
Once you’ve done your typing, be sure to click over to InStyle for the full list.