14 Musical Wedding Theme Ideas to Rock Your World
If you’ve been asked about the theme of your wedding, chances are music isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. But tunes are often a common thread early in a relationship and can hold a lot of sentimentality for many couples. That’s why we think a musically themed wedding is a fantastic way to celebrate your love with family and friends. From sock hop to festival to rock concert, a music theme makes for a great way to show some personality with all sorts of touches. Here are some of our favorite DIY wedding ideas for the best favors, decor and centerpieces to make your reception really sing.
2. Vinyl Record Guestbook: Ditch the traditional guestbook in favor of more interesting options. Case in point: These vinyl records that’ll make guests feel like they’re giving you their autograph. (via Intimate Weddings)
3. Tambourines as Favors: While tambourines might feel like they belong in a band camp supply closet, we’re here to refute that misconception. The instruments make a great noisemaker following your announcement and make a great favor. (via Jen Rodriguez)
8. Festival Passes as Escort Cards: Channel Woodstock with sick backstage-pass-style escort cards that double as a unique keepsake for guests. Bonus points if you arrange your tables by favorite classic rockers. (via Tiffany Arment)
9. Music Note Cookies: Is there a more delicious way to include music in your wedding? (Nope.) Sweeten the occasion with frosted cookies like these — trust us, no one will be mad at it. (via Bee in Our Bonnet)
11. Tape Deck Invitation Suite: Play it up with cassette tape save the dates, invites and RSVP cards. (via Korie Lynn)
12. Harmonica Escort Cards/Favors: Harmonicas just might take the cake when it comes to creative favors. This is so on point for the Johnny-Cash-themed affair this photo hails from. (via John Robert Woods)
14. Jukebox as DJ!: Save cash on the DJ by renting a jukebox for your big day. This puts a lot of trust in your guests, but it’s also a surefire way to keep the fun times rolling the whole night long. (via Love My Dress)
Will your wedding have a theme? Tell us about it in the comments!