10 New Beauty Products to Add to Your Routine ASAP
Just like *that* and it’s November! I’m still hanging on to summer (bronzy glow, please don’t go…!) but totally embracing all that comes with this mega-chill season that’s upon us. From fall layering strategies to Thanksgiving nail art, our heads are already spinning with autumn-centric everything, but we’re ready for more. Check out these brand new beauty products debuting this season — from curling irons to clarifying moisturizers, this list will keep you flawless and fab this fall.
1. BEACHWAVER Co. Curling Iron with Swarovski Crystals ($250): If you’re looking for Victoria’s Secret waves, this is your product (come mid-November when it launches). I am a big fan of this rotating curling iron (it’s the only way I can curl my hair, TBH), so this sparkly Swarovski offering is definitely worth it — especially with the holidays right around the corner. The crystals look so pretty on the side of the iron! This tool does all the work for you, so you can have truly fuss-free, gorgeous locks in a flash.
2. EVER Polish Lemon Sugar Body Scrub ($40): This brand new body scrub from EVER is EVERYTHING ;) Seriously though, this stuff smells like a straight-up cookie but also manages to leave your skin feeling incredibly silky and smooth. It sloughs off dead cells while revealing brighter, more even-toned skin underneath, which is crucial as we head into the drier season.
3. SANDOVAL Noel ($60): Want to feel all the upcoming winter vibes? Go on and getcha some of this super aromatic fragrance blend that features notes of clove, rosewater and benzoin — basically, it’s a holiday in a super chic bottle. Spritz yourself and your surroundings to evoke chill feels and #allthesmells.
4. Artis Digit 5 Brush Set Collection ($185): I’m obsessed AF with these weird makeup brushes, and trust me — once you try them, you will be too. You’re supposed to hold them like a paintbrush (instead of a pencil) to give you more control and better define your look. Beyond their impressive results, these babies look mighty fine sitting on your vanity.
5. Tata Harper Clarifying Moisturizer ($105): As a huge Tata Harper fangirl, I was thrilled to get to listen to her talk about her skincare line at Credo Beauty a few weeks ago. She talked about how she couldn’t find skin care products that were up to her standards, so she created them herself. Her latest offering — the clarifying moisturizer — was made with the intention to help adults with oily, congested skin. I’m alllll about it. This moisturizer leaves your complexion super smooth and matte, making it the perfect makeup primer.
6. LITE + CYCLE Essential Oil Perfume ($58): These roll-on perfumes are *almost* too pretty to wear — seriously, they would look gorgeous posted up on your vanity. That said, they’re perfect for on-the-go gals who want to smell bright (these perfumes come in three fresh scents) but still value the benefits of aromatherapy. 100 percent pure essential oils are the key to these scents, so you can be sure that you’re arming yourself with the best of the best!
7. 100% PURE Cocoa Butter Matte Lipstick ($29): As truly natural lipsticks, these new offerings from 100% PURE pack serious pigment in a semi-matte finish that won’t dry your lips out — promise! Personally, I’m blown away by the next-level colors this line offers up (THAT PURPLE THO). It’s tricky to find the perfect balance between a dialed-up pigment and hydration, and this line of lipsticks delivers just that.
8. PAUL & JOE Hand Cream ($15): Toss one of these adorable hand creams into your purse and get ready to have hands that are prepared to stand up to cold weather! This is one of my go-to products when my hands feel super dry from the weather (which is, like, now) because the formula isn’t greasy — this factor alone keeps me coming back to this hand cream. Beyond that, the packaging is insanely cute and the fragrance isn’t overpowering.
9. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Beauty on the Go ($25): As a fan of the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream ($45) — weird name, yes I know — I was thrilled to hear that a new kit debuted featuring a mini size of the cream and a lip butter. The reason I love this product is because of its super summery scent and the mega-hydrating formula it offers, so the fact that the cream and lip balm are sold together (for a significantly discounted price) is bomb. This is currently my favorite lip balm — it is SO GOOD!
10. Frank Body Babe Island Kit ($40): You can pick up this all-in-one kit on November 7, and you def want to if you’re still hanging on to those summer vibes (like me!). This good-for-your-skin kit contains a brand new body balm that smells just like coconut and a natural scrub that’s made from coconut and coffee — yum! Slather these products on and relax as you’re instantly transported back to wherever you vacationed over the summer.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.