10 New Beauty Products to Try This Month
Oh heyyy, fall! Glad you’re here, because you mean the welcomed onset of plum lipsticks, matte makeup and PSLs — what could be better? 10 newly launched fall beauty products, THAT’S what. Lip colors are having a major moment right now, but we’re not complaining. There are a bunch of new products out that promise to make your pout irresistible, an *oil* based sunscreen and even a product from a brand spankin’ new makeup line we are already obsessed with. In conclusion, October will be a great month in beauty. Let’s get started:
1. Maybelline Lip Studio Color Blur ($9): This “unique cream matte pencil with vivid color and blurring smudger” lets you DIY your ideal lip shade. The dual-ended product features a pencil-like tip on one side and a blurring smudger on the other so you can adjust the color. This is def a super easy way to get the ombre lip you’ve been wanting to try.
2. CoverGirl Intensify Me! Liquid Liner ($8): An innovation in eyeliner, this liquid-pencil (whaaaat?!) has a paddle-shaped tip that actually allows you to flip it on its side so you can get a thinner line if you don’t want something thick and intense. Cool, right?
3. Olivine Gigi Perfume Oil ($48): This sweet but sexy scent has been reinvented (and re-released) with a slight change to its formula. So, basically, this means that a best-selling perfume just got BETTER. It’s also in a super chic bottle, which would look great on anyone’s vanity.
4. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector ($40): A concealer that does more than just covering up dark circles is truly something we can get behind. This new concealer from Bobbi Brown *treats* your undereye circleswhile making it look like you don’t have any to begin with. Win-win.
5. Wet n Wild Max Volume Plus Mascara ($5): Who wouldn’t want their lashes to have 10x the volume of their natural fringe? Still waiting on who that person is. This mascara promises to seriously plump them up and has nourishing ingredients like macadamia nut, jojoba and olive oil so your lashes stay soft and strengthened.
6. Supergoop! Sun Defying Oil ($12 – $34): Ummm, this is a sunscreen OIL. So cool, right? It packs a non-greasy formula that’s super moisturizing while also lessening the signs of UV damage. Love love love.
7. Dior Addict Lipstick ($35): If you’re looking for a shiny, hydrating lipstick, this is it! This new product from Dior features a hydra-gel core (beauty talk for being super hydrating and smooth) so your lips always look their best. A “completely transparent reflective film” is left behind on the lips.
8. Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminators ($28): They’re heeeere! People (like me, hi) have been anxiously awaiting the launch of ABH’s first illuminators. They look seriously gorgeous. The compacts have “a mosaic of brightening powders” that give you that candlelit glow we’re all after. You know they’re good when they only let you buy three at a time!
9. Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder ($27): If you’re in need of a three-in-one product that will abosorb oil like a dry shampoo, extend your style and add volume, this is it. You also don’t have to worry about white residue being left behind, because this stuff is totally invisible on the hair. Add this to your hair product arsenal if you want to have a quick pick-me-up on hand at home or in the office.
10. ABLE Costmetics Cat Eye 101 ($48): This genius product is a fool-proof way to achieve the perfect cat eye thanks to its smart design. The tip of the liquid liner is a slanted guide that will ensure you have a balanced and sharp cat eye.
What new beauty products have you tried this month? Share your faves in the comment section below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.