10 New Beauty Products to Try This Month
Oh heyyy, fall! Glad you’re here, because you mean the welcomed onset of plum lipsticks, matte makeup and PSLs — what could be better? 10 newly launched fall beauty products, THAT’S what. Lip colors are having a major moment right now, but we’re not complaining. There are a bunch of new products out that promise to make your pout irresistible, an *oil* based sunscreen and even a product from a brand spankin’ new makeup line we are already obsessed with. In conclusion, October will be a great month in beauty. Let’s get started:
1. Maybelline Lip Studio Color Blur ($9): This “unique cream matte pencil with vivid color and blurring smudger” lets you DIY your ideal lip shade. The dual-ended product features a pencil-like tip on one side and a blurring smudger on the other so you can adjust the color. This is def a super easy way to get the ombre lip you’ve been wanting to try.
2. CoverGirl Intensify Me! Liquid Liner ($8): An innovation in eyeliner, this liquid-pencil (whaaaat?!) has a paddle-shaped tip that actually allows you to flip it on its side so you can get a thinner line if you don’t want something thick and intense. Cool, right?
3. Olivine Gigi Perfume Oil ($48): This sweet but sexy scent has been reinvented (and re-released) with a slight change to its formula. So, basically, this means that a best-selling perfume just got BETTER. It’s also in a super chic bottle, which would look great on anyone’s vanity.
4. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector ($40): A concealer that does more than just covering up dark circles is truly something we can get behind. This new concealer from Bobbi Brown *treats* your undereye circleswhile making it look like you don’t have any to begin with. Win-win.
5. Wet n Wild Max Volume Plus Mascara ($5): Who wouldn’t want their lashes to have 10x the volume of their natural fringe? Still waiting on who that person is. This mascara promises to seriously plump them up and has nourishing ingredients like macadamia nut, jojoba and olive oil so your lashes stay soft and strengthened.
6. Supergoop! Sun Defying Oil ($12 – $34): Ummm, this is a sunscreen OIL. So cool, right? It packs a non-greasy formula that’s super moisturizing while also lessening the signs of UV damage. Love love love.
7. Dior Addict Lipstick ($35): If you’re looking for a shiny, hydrating lipstick, this is it! This new product from Dior features a hydra-gel core (beauty talk for being super hydrating and smooth) so your lips always look their best. A “completely transparent reflective film” is left behind on the lips.
8. Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminators ($28): They’re heeeere! People (like me, hi) have been anxiously awaiting the launch of ABH’s first illuminators. They look seriously gorgeous. The compacts have “a mosaic of brightening powders” that give you that candlelit glow we’re all after. You know they’re good when they only let you buy three at a time!
9. Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder ($27): If you’re in need of a three-in-one product that will abosorb oil like a dry shampoo, extend your style and add volume, this is it. You also don’t have to worry about white residue being left behind, because this stuff is totally invisible on the hair. Add this to your hair product arsenal if you want to have a quick pick-me-up on hand at home or in the office.
10. ABLE Costmetics Cat Eye 101 ($48): This genius product is a fool-proof way to achieve the perfect cat eye thanks to its smart design. The tip of the liquid liner is a slanted guide that will ensure you have a balanced and sharp cat eye.
What new beauty products have you tried this month? Share your faves in the comment section below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.