For those of us who aren’t lucky enough to have a working fireplace (aka roasted marshmallows whenever we please… jealous!), we’ve got some creative ways to transform that flame-less spot into a major part of your interior decor. Your fireplace may be non-functional, but that doesn’t mean it gets a pass from working in your design scheme. We’re sharing our 14 favorite non-working fireplace ideas that will light up your home.
3. Shoe Storage: Every girl needs a space to store all of her heels, and no one knows that better than J.Crew’s Creative Director, Jenna Lyons. Take a page out of her book and turn your fireplace into an open air closet. (via Rita Konig)
8. Mock Fire: If you still miss the charm of a flickering fire, add some twinkle lights inside your fireplace to get that romantic glow without the flames. Just add a movie, some popcorn and your boo, and you’ve got a cozy date night. (via Shabby Story)
10. Stacked Magazines: If you can store books in an old fireplace, magazines should work just as well. When you’re finally ready to part ways with you favorite mags, we’ve got just the DIY project for you. (via Design Sponge)
12. Chalkboard Fireplace: We love using chalkboard paint on everything, and the fireplace is no exception. This stylish fireplace is not only super practical for your holiday decor, but it would also be a great activity for the kiddos. (via The Glitter Guide)
13. Wallpapered Fireplace: When we’re not obsessing over chalkboard paint, we’re finding ways to sneak color into our design schemes. This combo of geometric pattern and painted logs is exactly what we had in mind. (via Bobby Rabbit)
14. Agate Filled Fireplace: If wood isn’t nearly glittery enough for your interior design, then swapping it out with a big hunk of agate should do the trick. While this fireplace filler might be a bit over-budget, we’ll let you decide how much all that sparkle and shine is worth. (via Lonny)
Have you decorated your non-working fireplace? Send us the links to your pictures below!