Many of us are still emerging from the chocolate and champagne haze that was Valentine’s Day and yes, it’s snowing up a storm in NYC at the moment, but New York Fashion Week must go on. We’re here with your daily fashion week digest, the Busy Girl Guide to NYFW (check out the other days below if you haven’t yet) and there’s some gorgeous stuff in here.
1. Need-It-Now Look: This look was spotted at this morning’s Lela Rose show and from head to toe, it’s sequined perfection. Those strategically placed sequined squares are a brilliantly innovative way to incorporate some sparkle into your outfit. Plus, you could probably DIY the squares yourself. As for that sequin-licious skirt, it’s exactly what you need for a night on the town. (@karmapositivo)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: Jeremy Scott’s show this afternoon paid homage to another era when it came to the models’ hair: the ’60s. Models like Karlie Kloss were sporting some big, fabulous bouffants today. This ‘do can be achieved with some super-sized rollers, a teasing comb, plenty of patience and lots of hairspray. (@ben_sklar)
3. Next Level Beauty: Sure, the hair might have been swinging ’60s, but the makeup at Jeremy Scott was all Jem and the Holograms. The brows were brushed upwards and gelled down for a wispy natural brow look. The liner was vixen-y cat eye, but the real surprise was the teal blue line painted boldly into the crease and the bright pink lips. We are also digging the star sticker on the cheek. Super ’80s popstar. Honestly though, would you expect anything less from Miley Cyrus’ designer BFF? (@thefashionyoleaxist)
4. Street Style #Slay: On this icy winter’s day in NYC, Gigi Hadid definitely had the right idea with her all-black biker chic outfit. The over-the-knee suede boots are a stylish way to keep your legs warm and that long black coat isn’t just on-trend, it’s also necessary for chilly weather. A black turtleneck is universally flattering and a nifty way to keep your neck warm in lieu of a scarf. The fishtail high pony, classic moto leather skirt and a smoky eye complete this look styled by celeb stylist Monica Rose. (@monicarosestyle)
5. OMG Runway Moment: When it comes to show stopping gowns, no one beats fashion O.G. Carolina Herrera. She debuted this elegant, flower-encrusted gown that is literally a dream prom dress come to life today at her show at the Frick Collection this morning. We predict you’ll be seeing this outfit on a red carpet sometime in the near future. (@saks)
Will you be trying out any of these trends in the fall? Tweet us @BritandCo!