20 Silly Office Supplies Guaranteed to Make You Smile
Whether you love your job or not, some days at the office are just long. In preparation for those days (and just because they are fun), we found 30 quirky, guaranteed-to-make-you-smile office supplies. There are animals galore, notepads that are a touch snarky, and of course a few great 90s throwbacks. What more could you want?
2. Fred DESK DONUT Push Pin Holder ($13): How cute is this gadget that turns your pushpins into an *adorable* donut? Such a smart way to keep them all organized.
3. Unknown Portable Mini Shredder ($12): No need to get a noisy (and dangerous) shredder, this design-y hand-cranked one will look much better on (or under) your desk.
4. Kikkerland Animal Rhino Eraser ($10): You definitely need this bright red rhino eraser on your desk, especially since a portion of the sales go to the Center for Biological Diversity to help endangered species.
5. Generic Magic Rubix Cube Pencil Holder ($20): Add a little bit of of retro fun to your desk with this throwback pencil holder.
6. Give Simple USB Utility Charge Tool ($24): One charger to rule them all. No matter your device, you can stay powered up with this pocket-knife inspired gadget.
8. Knock Knock ‘While You Were’ Sticky ($7): No longer just while you were out, this sticky note is a bit more honest. While you were cruising on the internet? Nailed it.
9. Kikkerland Dino Memo Holder ($11): They say elephants never forget, so it’s a good idea to have this organizer hold your bills, letters, and other important mail.
10. Zazzle Cassette Tape Illustrated Notes ($9): Throwback alert! If you’re pining for the days of mix tapes (taped off the radio, no less), these sticky notes are for you. It’s not like they can make a Spotify playlist notepad, right?
12. Paper Source Fast Food Eraser Set ($8): Finally! Fast food you can feel good about. These mini erasers are the perfect way to fix those mistakes.
13. Container Store 50/50 Pencils ($12): We love the fact that you’ll get double the shades with this colored pencil set! Our notebooks will never look the same again.
14. Kikkerland Camera Pencil Sharpener ($18+): Photography buffs (analog or digital) will appreciate this pencil sharpener modeled after a vintage camera.
15. Cub Bunny Desk Organiser ($31): We love that the scissors are this adorable bunny’s ears. You need him on your desk, now. Hop to it!
16. Mochi Things Better Together Note Pouch ($57): If you need to take your office on the go, this is the perfect accessory for you. It will fit your laptop, notepads, iPad, pens, and more.
17. Semikolon Sticky Tab Markers ($12): Label different sections of your notebooks with these sticky tabs. Just think of it as color blocking your notes.
18. Mochi Things Large Monthly Planner ($15): If you need to write out your schedule, try this monthly planner notebook. We love that it’s a blank canvas that you can start anytime you want.
19. Mochi Tree The Giving Tree Sticky Note Set ($13): While you won’t be able to tell how many notes you have left by counting the rings, you’ll be able to tell as your tree stump slowly gets shorter.
20. Paper Source Fortune Notes ($8): For those work days that require a little extra luck, this 100-sheet mini sheet set with a fortune cookie eraser will give you the dash of inspo you (or your coworker) needs!
Which of these office supplies will end up on your desk? Share with us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Additional reporting by Kristin Appenbrink
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.