The Oscars. A time for glamour, glitz… and mini desserts! Little sweets are the bomb, probably because they trick us into feeling less guilty than we do after eating a huge slice of triple-chocolate layer cake (not that there’s anything wrong with treating yourself once and a while). From colorful popcorn to chic cake pops, check out these 18 desserts that are just as gorgeous as the stars themselves.
1. Cookie Awards: These are definitely the best statuette cookies we’ve ever seen. Add a bit of sparkle to them or don’t! Either way, they’ll definitely feel at home at your Oscar party. (via Bakerella)
3. Brownie Popcorn Bags: They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so express your love for the staple movie snack by creating these awesome brownies! They’ll be the talk of the party. (via Bakerella)
6. Caramel Apple Trifles: How beautiful are these? Not only are trifles a perfect way to get a bunch of flavors into one dish, but this one consists of one of America’s favorite combinations: apple and caramel. (via Bakers Royale)
7. White Chocolate Tuxedo Cheesecake: As Barney Stinson would say, suit up! Or rather, tux up! These cute cheesecakes are just small enough to for you to enjoy the creamy flavors of cheesecake, but not get sick of it. (via Bakers Royale)
10. Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Lemon: This easy panna cotta recipe’ll have you feeling like Giada in no time. All of your guests will be left in awe of your magical cooking talent. (via Ella Claire)
11. Awards Night Cookies: It happens every year: while watching the red carpet arrivals, we can’t help but feel a bit jealous that we don’t get to dress up and strike a pose with the stars. But what you can do is make these super well-dressed cookies. It’s sort of the same, right? (via The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle)
13. French 75 Jell-o Shots: Who said Jell-o shots couldn’t be elegant and pretty too? This is a great way to occupy your guests during that acceptance speech that just never seems to end. (via Bakers Royale)
16. Pie Pops: Hey, nobody said dessert pops were only for cake! We love our apples (hey, anything to keep the doctor away), so we might as well incorporate them into our party as well. (via Zoom Yummy)
17. Pumpkin Hollywood Cupcakes: We absolutely love this simplistic cupcake display. Pay homage to one of Hollywood’s biggest attractions on its most important night, and enjoy all the compliments that come your way. (via Karis’ Kitchen)
Which tiny dessert will make a cameo appearance at your party this year? Tell us all about it in the comments below!