13 Ridic Beauty Gifts You Should Have on Your Wish List
Yes, it’s better to give than receive, but once in a while a girl’s gotta dream. If that dream involves a mimicking a makeup sesh like a Kardashian, then we’ve got you covered with a super-exclusive list of unreal makeup bag treats. These products are being touted for their rarities, like stand-out ingredients, special tool features or limited-edition status, meaning after January 1 they’ll disappear (lucky you if you can score one). Here are 13 of the most over-the-top beauty gifts this season for you to crave, or give anyone who’s got a glam squad on speed dial.
1. The Organic Pharmacy’s Cleopatra Body Scrub ($82): This all-natural exfoliator is so royally rich, it will transform a boring scrub session into a soothing spa treatment. Homey ingredients like sugar, sea salt, olive oil and honey go on like a lush dessert, smoothing away flakes, rebooting circulation and moisturizing winter-weary skin, while also leaving behind a faint scent of rose petals and ylang ylang.
2. Cle De Peau Beaute Bal Masque Body Powder ($120): This limited-edition body powder highlights skin in those areas you probably never thought you’d need makeup (oh, but you do!). Put a spotlight on décolleté, arms, shoulders or neck with this soft, radiant shimmer compact that’s super gorge to look at and smells like a dozen roses.
3. Clarisonic Mia 2 Skin Set ($149): This cult face-cleansing tool gets a happy update from celebrated pop artist Keith Haring. Slough away dead skin cells and leftover foundation each morning with the sonic vibrating heads, which btw remove six times more makeup and dirt than manual cleansing.
4. Christian Louboutin Rouge Louboutin Starlight ($675): Yup, you read that right, this nail polish is the price of a pair of the designer’s red-soled shoes, and is similarly coveted by diehard fans. But red lacquer ombre formula aside, it’s really all about the packaging. With only 1000 in the world, each stiletto-inspired bottle boasts 1500 hand-applied, two-tone crystals and is delivered in a velvet-lined box with leather flowers. Want in minus the WTF price tag? Try the unadorned bottle of Louboutin Beaute ($50).
5. Giorgio Armani Rose D’arabie L’Or du Desert ($380): Spritzing on the limited-edition version of this rare, Middle Eastern rose fragrance is a major event: The gold flecks swirl like desert sands at the slightest movement and the shimmer in it gives skin a gorgeous glow.
6. GLO Brilliant Teeth Whitening Device ($220): This is the mother of all at-home teeth whitening tools, turning a yellow smile white in just five days. The star of the seven-piece set is a special mouthpiece that works with a combination of heat and light for 32 minutes a day. The newest version is available in brushed gold, so you’ll look super chic while whitening.
7. CosmoCube Posh Bling ($209): If your #goal is clutter-free, this tricked-out, clear (read: easy-to-spot) makeup organizer is it, with four drawers and dividers that fit tall foundation bottles and thin lip gloss tubes. Get it with the crystals (only available this season) to stash the stuff in style.
8. Charlotte Tilbury Book of Makeup Magic ($200): From celeb Brit makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury comes this 12 Days of Christmas treat, a cabinet that boasts her fave creams, lipsticks and pencils — truly everything needed for a beautiful, glowy look. The bonus: A preview of Magic Cream Night, which is the sleepover version of her best-selling, peptide-laced Magic Cream.
9. Givinchy Beauty Le Soin Noir Lace Face Masks x4 ($330): So you’ve been wearing that white sheet mask, right? Welcome to the next level: a fashion-forward, delicate lace option that you will def want to Insta. Each of the four packaged masks gets a fresh infusion of black algae sap concentrate to brighten, tighten and smooth.
10. Nars Humouresque Luxury Petite Vault ($160): Part of the exclusive collab with fashion photographer Steven Klein, this set of gorge lipsticks in limited-edition shades play up plenty of drama and score you a seriously collectible box.
11. Tom Ford Beauty Lash Tips Mascara Burnished Gold ($44): Gold is king right now, so this luxe, holiday-exclusive mascara, which you brush on eyelash tips over your usual hue, will lend a glimmer-y sparkle to a New Year’s celebration.
12. Aerin Rose de Grasse Body Cream ($80): Indulging in this new rich cream — infused with the scent of three rare roses plucked from the fields of Grasse — is a real treat. It’s majorly moisturizing, and the light fragrance is reminiscent of a summer day, which will truly be a bright spot come the dead of winter.
13. Oribe Gold Lust Collection($97): This holiday gifting box from Oribe has the three musts of any smooth blowout prep. The rich shampoo, conditioner and styling balm each have a combo of precious oils — cypress, argan and maracuja — giving hair a healthy dose of shine and strength.
What’s on your beauty wish list this year? Tell us below.