10 Over-the-Shoulder Bags for Hands-Free Holiday Dancing
When it comes to accessories, there really is no messing around: The right finishing touches can bump an outfit from a five to a 10 in no time. But when it comes to holiday celebrating and accessories (we’re talking glitter, gold and all that holiday cheer), your bag needs to be as functional as it is stylish. Instead of opting for that bag-in-one-hand-plate-in-the-other look, keep your hands free so you can get to the most important thing at any holiday party — the food. Leave those clutches at home, and check out these 10 over-the-shoulder bags that you can sport for the rest of the season.
1. ALDO Embellished Box Clutch ($65): This box clutch looks like it just jumped out of the Jazz Age with its embellished pieces and silver-tone hardware. No need to go crazy with the rest of the accessories — this bag will do all the talking for you.
2. Free People Carla Clutch ($98): Spend your holidays covered in gold. While you’ll love the optional chain strap that will keep your hands free for drinking, the real winner here is the intricate hand beading that accents the entire bag.
3. Nasty Gal x Nila Anthony So Catty Crossbody Bag ($48): Isn’t this puuurrrfect? This exclusive bag is catty for all the right reasons. Pair it with a short party dress and a pair of tennis shoes to dress the whole outfit down.
4. & Other Stories Snakeskin Shoulder Bag ($135): You’re still big into the animal print (and who can blame you?) This snakeskin bag will be the life at any party with its reflective material and long black strap.
5. Free People Jett Fringe Crossbody ($298): Fringe it all together with this ombré bag from Free People. Pair it with a long boho dress and a killer pair of kitten booties for an easy way to really dress it up.
6. Urban Outfitters Ecote Suede Chain Mini Crossbody Bag ($44): This suede little number is going to be your next go-to bag for everyday wear. Cross it over a seamless pair of flares and a loose ’70s-inspired top for an awesome late-night concert.
7. Madewell Mini Push Lock Crossbody Bag ($105): Bold, green and beautiful is the only way to describe this cute bag from Madewell. If you really want to get in the holiday spirit, match it with a red A-line dress for a jolly good time.
8. Lulu Guinness Ellie Glitter Across Body With Novelty Face ($224): There is nothing wrong with adding a little novelty to any outfit. Let this bag do all the flirting with a bold red lip, textured glitter overlay and a wink that will stop ’em in their tracks.
9. Lulu’s Making the Rounds Burgundy Suede Clutch ($31): This bag is pretty perfect when you don’t have a lot of stuff to carry around. It has the right amount of fringe, and the color is so on point that it’s sure to be the next color for a bold, red lip.
10. Silence + Noise Hand Strap Crossbody Bag ($39): For the minimalist at heart, this is the most amazing bag you will ever lay your eyes on. It has a super clean silhouette and a single strap to help keep all your belongings safe and sound.
What are some of your favorite over-the-shoulder bags to wear? Let us know in the comments below!